toaster silencer ?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
1 bad dakota

toaster silencer ?

#1 Post by 1 bad dakota »

ok my toaster is making a noise like there is somthing loose inside of it do you guy's have any ideas. is there any mods i can do to the toaster to run blaze mapping. thanks

cannibaljim

#2 Post by cannibaljim »

Mine is doing the same thing. My plans are to pull it apart and take everything out of it.:usa

1 bad dakota

#3 Post by 1 bad dakota »

i took mine apart 5 minutes ago and the square screen and the metal with the hole in it was broke in half.. will i get any power if i take every thing out of the silenser. what if i cut the cone screens out of both ends will i have to change mapping if so to what. thanks

1 bad dakota

#4 Post by 1 bad dakota »

will i gain any power and is it ok to cut out every thing including both cones thanks

jesshamner

#5 Post by jesshamner »

Mine did the same thing. I tried to beat the rest out but I ended up cracking it. After hitting a double way too hard, I have a huge hole in it. It shouldn't hurt anything if you take the stuff out but if you try to get the rest of it out, be careful. I know that a couple people have gutted the toaster.

1 bad dakota

#6 Post by 1 bad dakota »

ok i just took all of the stuff that was broke out of it. but now i cant get all of the bolts back in it two of the bolt in the end cap dont line up. any suggestions

wistech

#7 Post by wistech »

Rubber mallet. Do you have the spout pointing in the right direction? Those little bolts can be a pain sometimes. How is the baffle that is in line with the rear mount. If its tack welds are broken then soon the rear mount will break. I weld a bead all the way around that baffle on the inside and reinforce the welded in threaded washer that is the rear mount. Once all the plates and cones are out of the silencer it sounds pretty good.

wistech

#8 Post by wistech »

Ya want to know why they fall apart. Heres why . Look closely at this pic. The baffle plate in this on is only welded on one side and with some very crappy brazing tack welds. There are heat mark on the other 3 sides but there is no spot welding or filler material of any kind. Its just plain crap work. I get so mad when I see stuff like this.:mad: Its just a complete lack of any pride in ones work or pitiful quality control. Does any one know if Borla Performance Industries made these mufflers or was it someone else. I pulled this plate out qwith my hands after pushing on it. The darn this is brand new ,never installed.

thomez

#9 Post by thomez »

I think the toasters were made in Italy.

CannTESTmaN

#10 Post by CannTESTmaN »

Hah yet another victim of Cost Savings.

Cannondale said, I need an exhaust I want it to be "XX" decibles, and need it to be made for $2.00, Make it work! and the Toaster is their answer.

The same goes for the 03 Cranks and Cases. Same scenario. But there is a reason all of that stuff was less espensive. biggrin.gif