Predator or Feeble

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Redman

#1 Post by Redman »

It definetly has huevos grandes. It pulls hard Through all gears. Quite fast. Excellerates faster than a banshee. Not as fast as a cannondale. It is not at all tippy like the raptor. Adding a pipe and filter and rejet will bring about 8-9 more horsepower(Says RathRacing). I was very impressed when I rode my freinds.

fyrmedic

#2 Post by fyrmedic »

I really have to question what Rath said about the predator. in Dirt wheels a few months back, he had his ktm520 quad. said it was incredibally fast. this I can understand.. the 520 is fast. but in last months, he said the predator is even faster than his 520. of course he is working with Polaris. and in this months 4wheel action, said it was barely faster than the banshee and raptor. so... does that mean since the Cannondale is faster than the raptor etc, is it faster than the predator, which would be faster than the 520..
wow.. I got myself confused!!

Redman

#3 Post by Redman »

We raced awhile back. The predator, a piped banshee, a stock banshee, and my cannibal. The cannibal easily smoked all of them. Not saying I am awesome, but it was such a blow out that it was all quad. The predator came in three quad legths behind me and one quad legth in front of the banshees'. I personally think it will beat a stock raptor. I do think the predator can easily be made faster with pipe and filter, but have to remember the cannibal is also stock.

btolenti

#4 Post by btolenti »

yes, but the cannibal is also 1000 more! I give kudos to polaris for making such a great quad for a great price. I wouldn't trade my 'dale for anything, though....

Two american companies making high performance sport quads.....there's nothing better....what took so long???

fyrmedic

#5 Post by fyrmedic »

True 2 American companies, btolenti, but the engine still isn't made in America.

fyrmedic

#6 Post by fyrmedic »

I agree with ya, Guy!! heavy, kinda like the DS650. also, the engine is still old school design, nothin' like the progressive C-Dale!!. don't mean to be rippin on others, but its hard to be humble, ya know!!biggrin.gif

btolenti

#7 Post by btolenti »

I have heard, from people that ride predators and my dealer who sells both Polaris and Cannondale, that the predators are quite maneuverable, and don't nearly feel as heavy as they are. I was quite impressed myself when I saw one up close. The almost total lack of bump steer was quite impressive....

fyrmedic

#8 Post by fyrmedic »

Thats good to hear! They do look great!! I'd like to ride one sometime.

EricM

#9 Post by EricM »

I was at the dealer a few days ago (cannondale and polaris) and a friend who works there said he was playing on one of their predators and an a arm broke. He also said that you can feel the extra weight (he has a blaze). Plus he told me that they just got finished putting in a 500cc kit that nacs and cannondale are working on and his is sort of a tester. He told me that even in the snow he kept breaking chains. I can't imagine the power that has to have.

btolenti

#10 Post by btolenti »

not that this guy has the most correct info....I hope not....but according to him, Nacs is getting rid of their cannondale team. If this is true, why would they be working on a 500cc kit? I didn't think these bikes had that much room for boring anyway. I know southbay moto has a big bore 460 kit, but that's stretching it from what I have heard.

http://www.cannondaleriders.com/vbb/showth...s=&threadid=697