Tranny / Motor oil mixing

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
bknight

Tranny / Motor oil mixing

#1 Post by bknight »

If the crank plate gasket is bad, but bolts are tight is there enough pressure to suck the tranny oil out? & on the oil pump can it pump the tranny oil out also? I will be taking scavenge pump out, and redo gaskets there 1st.

Canniboomer

#2 Post by Canniboomer »

...he is trying to ask how his tranny fluid could have gotten pumped out and into the engine oil case ???.. he claims the spars not overfilled, but most of the tranny fluid disappeared as if actually being pumped away and not returned, but instead showing up in the lower engine oil case? could a engine oil pump have "sucked" it out from a loose gasket? which one? or?hmmmn.

cdrookie

#3 Post by cdrookie »

is the plate cracked?

Canniboomer

#4 Post by Canniboomer »

...he said no apparent cracks seen, with only sidecover off so far, but oil levels in the 2 areas not equalized (as with a crack). Instead, level apparently much higher in crankcase...

bknight

#5 Post by bknight »

thank you boomer
im lost on this y would the gaskets go bad on a 03 so fast???
well ill just get sume new gaskets for the scavenge pump and
oil pump?? and try that.

Canniboomer

#6 Post by Canniboomer »

hey bknight, which side did you drain first?...if you pulled the plug on the engine oil side first, yes it all could have drained from there with a crack or something deeper?...I assumed from your call that you had checked for the tranny fluid FIRST and found very little remaining in that side of motor. ?

And, how long and hard did you run it with the airbox mod and without the corresponding adjustment of the flow rate? Surely, you must have leaned it out without the D&M to compensate.
But could that have attributed to this problem?? anyone?

Swampdale

#7 Post by Swampdale »

With a bad or improperly installed Cart. plate gasket, tranny oil will find it's way into the engine. Call me and I can explain in detail what I have found. 504-782-7194.

bknight

#8 Post by bknight »

thank you so much Swamp'dale

for takeing the time to talk this over with me smile.gif

465stroker

#9 Post by 465stroker »

Bad valve cover gasket (between you timing chain gears & valves) can do the same thing.