injector cleaning

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
KYmxracer52

injector cleaning

#1 Post by KYmxracer52 »

How would you go about cleaning out the injectors? While I have my motor out, just thought I would clean them. Would it hurt it any if I ran some fuel injector cleaner through the gas?

banzairx7

#2 Post by banzairx7 »

Send them to either marren or RC engineering to have them properly cleaned. I've used both with great luck. Lately I've been using marren since the shipping time to me is quicker.

www.injector.com
www.rceng.com

Derno24

#3 Post by Derno24 »

You could also try R&S performance.

KYmxracer52

#4 Post by KYmxracer52 »

Does anyone know if fuel injector cleaner will hurt the motor in any way??

cdrookie

#5 Post by cdrookie »

i can't think of any reason why it would, unless you use too much, but then it'll just run like crap. cheap fuel injector cleaner is about useless, so get the expensive stuff and don't use very much.

banzairx7

#6 Post by banzairx7 »

I wouldn't even bother with the fuel injector cleaner. Get them professionally cleaned or just skip it.

KYmxracer52

#7 Post by KYmxracer52 »

Well, I would, but I want to get this motor put back together today or tomorrow. I'm not going to wait till next week or the following. I have races to run. I'll just put some Lucas fuel injector cleaner in it. My dad using that stuff in his diesel dump trucks for injector cleaner. Works really good.

250rmike

#8 Post by 250rmike »

i saw a show one speedvision that said the fuel injector cleaner that you put in you tank does nothing. it would have to be so strong to clean the injectors that it would eat through the fuel lines so they said just either send em away or dont even bother its a waste of money

NRath

#9 Post by NRath »

Cannondale printed to not use injector cleaner. The problem was that it swelled the O-rings, particularly at the fuel disconnects. Between that and folks claim that it's doing nothing anyway, I'd suggest not using it. Especially if your not having a problem. Trying to keep it clean and running right is usually a good thing, but I'll fall back to Rookie's perspective on this one, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

KYmxracer52

#10 Post by KYmxracer52 »

Thats true. I may just wait till the end of the season and have them professionally cleaned. That way I know they are clean.