oil leak in pipe???

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
cannondalejp

oil leak in pipe???

#1 Post by cannondalejp »

OK i changed my spark plug then i ran it for a lil bit until my pipe started to smoke so i turned it off and realized that oil was in the pipe and a lil bit out of the side of the engine....could anyone help me out and tell me what to do or at least som ideas of what it can be... thanks

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Probably hasnt been ridden for a while?If so check valve leaked and filled cylinder with some oil.Keep an eye on the oil level(dont overfill it and just run it the oil will burn off and it will be fine.

cannondalejp

#3 Post by cannondalejp »

are you sure cause i tried to run it and smoke jus kept coming out it was like a cloud there was soo much

Canniboomer

#4 Post by Canniboomer »

They can smoke for at least 5 minutes, if you have enough oil in there, and even after a cylinder purge with the plug out-- without the purge, you may have been lucky to even get it started, but it should still clear up within a few more minutes... if not, I'm sure you'll let the other gurus here know.

district6_47p

#5 Post by district6_47p »

Mine did this when i first got my quad. I freaked and thought maybe my valve seals where leaking but i found out that i hydrolocked my engine by putting to much oil in it. But yeah i had the same problem i smoked out my whole driveway, couldent hardly see and foulded the plug. Now i always check my oil by using the d&m kit to get the engine up to the proper temp then check the oil. I knew this was the problem when i took the sparkplug out and there was oil on top of the piston when i shined the flashlight down in. I was told to get the remaining oil out by sucking it out with a long dropper than cranking it over with the plug out tull i cought all the rest on a rag. After i changed the oil i threw a new plug in it and i started it and it ran fine.

cannondalejp

#6 Post by cannondalejp »

alright thanks everyone

drbowtie

#7 Post by drbowtie »

Mine did that a couple of times. It would only do it when I loaded it into a pickup box immediatly after riding it. Something to do with putting the front tires up sooooooo high on the tail gate with the back tires on the ground and then lifting the back tires up on. Once I got ramps and stop putting the engine at such a steep incline after riding it I never had the issue again. So be carefull about what you do after you shut it off. Don't put front end way high in the air. I think it dislodges a check valve or something.

theJeStEr1340

#8 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

not to go off topic, but people actually check their oil? I have not checked my oil once. I just change it at least every 7 hours.

cannondale27

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

Just wanted him to check it to make sure he doesnt have it overfilled.

jake1981

#10 Post by jake1981 »

Originally posted by theJeStEr1340
not to go off topic, but people actually check their oil? I have not checked my oil once. I just change it at least every 7 hours.

This is what shocks me! There is people that just run the piss out of there Dales, then there is those that just work on there bikes and can't seem to get what they want out of them. What is up with that?