New Winky Cranks

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
cannondale27

New Winky Cranks/Checking Runout

#1 Post by cannondale27 »

Well I finally got mine back.No opinions here these are my observations and measurements.

Crank width Winky=2.459
Crank widths of stock cranks I have measured 2.472-2.476

Rod big end side clearance varies fom .010-.020 depending on where around the rod I measured.

Check specs before you put it in.

thomez

#2 Post by thomez »

Why would it vary?

:confused:

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

It would vary if it wasnt synced and trued.It will not be going in my quad.Sad part is it was welded quite a bit so I dont believe I will be able to fix it without replacing the pin which is also about a 1/16 short of web side.I wonder how these things can be balanced?

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

Pin

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

crankplate damage

thomez

#6 Post by thomez »

That isn't damage, that is the new oil flow modification :confused:

Sorry to see that Steve, and honestly don't know what to tell you.

I still say that you should have a crank come to you in perfect condition, be an easy install into your motor, and put 50 hours on it of hard riding before we recommend a Winky job to anyone.

I know at this point he wouldn't touch my lawn mower...

Let us know if you can contact him and if he plans to do anything about that piece of miracle work.... we all just want you to get the fair end of this deal.

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

I really am not bitter about this.I took my chances with the first one and it failed never really researched the subject or checked the first one out myself.Crankplate damage ticks me off but frankly I am moving on.Way more informed and way more wary than the last time.I just want everyone to know what to look for.Its time to ride and I am sick of riding the stocker.

DangerRanger

#8 Post by DangerRanger »

Steve, sorry to see that it didn't turn out as planned. I just tried to get it back to you, but Winky will have to be the QA rep. I understand the frustration and dissapointment, but I also commend you for not making wild statements..you bring information, and leave it on the table for people to decide. You and I both know...absolutely NO ONE can make these bulletproof...but we all know they were never designed to be.

Thomez...my advice to you, park your dale if it breaks...and hold your breath till someone gets a perfect revamp of the motor...that would do us all some good.

I hope the Winks will look smart now, be sure that all cdale stuff is back to the respective owners...and go back to their business building motors and racing, not wasting time money and stress on the doomed engineering of the cdale motor. I know Winky will still continue to support them though...we are all the same, no matter how much hate/dissapointments they bring....you still love them. I think it is the challenge of the cdale that one cannot escape.

I was planning on some more dales...but after news last night, Wink will be building a 450Z or 450R for me. time for them to actually be able to feel good about something, and make some $$. I will however have a nicely built museum piece...as I cannont leave them alone either!!!:head:

cannondale27

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

Ben I never asked for a bulletproof motor just a crankshaft that is built correctly.These are not design errors that this crank and cart plate have these are workmanship errors.Geeze I really didnt want opinions in here but there you have it!Also I am not frustrated whatsoever.Plenty of other options.

thomez

#10 Post by thomez »

Sorry Steve, I'm just frustrated for you :confused: