aluminum waterpump impeller

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
turbospeed440

aluminum waterpump impeller

#1 Post by turbospeed440 »

i have made several aluminum waterpump impellers that will fit all engines. They flow a large amount of coolant more than stock. Plus they will not melt. email if interested

turbosporsche@yahoo.com

Happyboy

#2 Post by Happyboy »

Gotta through a price out.....

Cdale_racer_669

#3 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

ive never messed with my impeller. where exactly is it on the quad?

Derno24

#4 Post by Derno24 »

when sitting on the quad it is on your right. Under the spar. Kinda has a sea shell design to it. It also has a hose going right into the middle of the cover.

haydug

#5 Post by haydug »

Is it tested that is does flow more than stock? Price? Donation to the site for selling as a business here?

wistech

#6 Post by wistech »

Why more than stock? To fast of flow can be just as bad as not fast enough. Can we get a duplicate of stock? We are going to have to make see through covers on the engines to show off all these good looking parts.biggrin.gif

Canniboomer

#7 Post by Canniboomer »

Bottom flange is shown much thicker than stock at outer lip, and more flat. By comparison not quite so "hydro-dynamic" in appearance or flow. Are the flanges actually taller?

I think claims about flow are a bit early, don't you think? You just made all these this week? Did you actually test or assume?
Anyway, your hustle and intent is commendable, assuming consideration to this site.

Wistech, any more insight about flow up/down good/bad?

wistech

#8 Post by wistech »

Excessive coolant flow can create cold /hot spots in the engine and cyllinder distortion. You also have to keep cavitation in check. These impellars are spinning at almost 6,000 rpm. Making them flow more than they need to robs power and puts and extra load on the cam drives. The only problem with the stock impellars seems to be the deteriation issue. Being a fuel injected engine the ecm determines fuel settings based on coolant temp and messing around with that could cause problems. We have enough issues to deal with and dont need any more. So I would prefer not to change a good thing.

turbospeed440

#9 Post by turbospeed440 »

i ran the new impeller this weekend. i did a lot of trail riding and hill climbing. i noticed that the fan did not keep going on and off like the stock one. There was no lose of power, the impeller just flows more efficently. plus the stock ones are made in a casting. i noticed on mine that the hole was not in the center of the inpeller. so it was running out that is what causes cavataion and the extra stain on the cam. And the only way to realy controll hot and cold spots in the engine is to have a thermostat.

the new impellers with a lifetime warrenty againt stripping,melting,breaking,warping, or whatever you can throw at it is $50.00

Derno24

#10 Post by Derno24 »

How much?