Crummy Lonestar Sprockethub

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
cannondale27

Crummy Lonestar Sprockethub

#1 Post by cannondale27 »

Well mine is just about shot now ready to spin on the splines.Has anyone tried a 250r or 400ex hub which is steel?I believe the splines are the same?Seal and width may need to be machined but that is doable.I wish the sprocket hub had a steel insert.

TheJaspMan

#2 Post by TheJaspMan »

I am just getting ready to try that. I am waiting for my LSR axle to come back from being bent straight.

I am sure the splines are the same. And wouldn't be too surprised if the width is close enough to use.

kdeal

#3 Post by kdeal »

Jaspman,

Does a Cdale stocker fit? I've got one in good shape if you need it.

Ken

TheJaspMan

#4 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by kdeal
Jaspman,

Does a Cdale stocker fit? I've got one in good shape if you need it.

Ken

I'm not sure. How much do you want for it? Have you looked at those other items yet? :deal:

KYmxracer52

#5 Post by KYmxracer52 »

I thought I read somewhere that the stock fits. I bought a new stock hub for mine but never used it. My LSR hub is still good (knock on wood), but the axle is bent. these LSR axles are weaker than Dura blues. I thought they would be tough, but they're not. everyone brags up LSr on their axle, and you read it thinking, man I need one of those, but when you go out and buy your own, they are junk.

cannondalerhino

lsr axle

#6 Post by cannondalerhino »

You guys must need to learn how to land if your bending those
lsr axles. I'm 265 and do all the big jumps at my localtrack and have yet to bend it.(1 year later)!

TheJaspMan

Re: lsr axle

#7 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by cannondalerhino
You guys must need to learn how to land if your bending those
lsr axles. I'm 265 and do all the big jumps at my localtrack and have yet to bend it.(1 year later)!

Big diffrnece on a track and in the woods. That is where I bent mine; down in a creek bed.

cannondale440

#8 Post by cannondale440 »

Heh, I bent mine but it also ripped my whole swingarm off with it when it happened. :mad: "ya that was a good wreck" Theres nothin like jumpin 60ft. and knowing instantly when you land that your in for a heck of a ride because your rear end is gone.

Also my splines have been ALMOST stripped since i got it. I can wiggle my sprocket hub by hand and for some reason it won't completely strip. Anyway knock on wood:hammer:

cannondale27

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

Good then hopefully I have a while to get a better replacement hub.Stock sprocket or brake hub will fit but I would like to go with steel so I dont have to do it again.

CdaleRacer0128

#10 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

sell it and get an RPM? he he, nah the stockers do fit on the LSR's though..