Help!!!

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
C_dale19mx

Help!!!

#1 Post by C_dale19mx »

Okay this winter im gonna make my dale into a MX machine...

anyways...

Im gonna be ordering an axle soon... what kinda axle should i get?!? also anything else i should get as far as drive goes... sprokethubs? anything i should get so nothing will tear off or get messed up?? Basically i need your guys opinions on getting my rear end really nice...

AND i have simple intake and exhaust mods and computer and what not...but what else can i do for some good HP gains?!? port and polish???

any tips would be great!

cdalemx301

#2 Post by cdalemx301 »

Your bike will have plenty of power for entry level mx make it handle first....Rear end front end suspension etc first then conitue to motor....If you search axle on the site its been a big topic of convo lately....I just bought an LSR id rather have an LSR of a durablue but thats my opinion after reading posts on here so give it a search

cannondale440

#3 Post by cannondale440 »

RPM, LSR, durabreak ordered from best to worst. in my opinion. Id also like to recommend some nice beadlock wheels too. Maybe I just like the looks of them. :confused:

C_dale19mx

#4 Post by C_dale19mx »

my wheels will be on order early decmeber... i donno which wheels to get either...

i dont know weather i should get aluminum beadlocks and powdercoat them black and save some extra cash.... or go ahead and just get hypers sad.gif

cdalemx301

#5 Post by cdalemx301 »

GO with the hypers i regret not buying them when i bought new wheels i tried to save money but i think spending the extra would have been a better idea

cdaleracer52

#6 Post by cdaleracer52 »

I have a LSR axle and i have to say its ok, ive bent mine a few times. But If i were you i would step up a few bucks and go with an rpm dominator with the rpm sproket hub, but im sure it comes with it. I never hear anyone complain about them. Also agree with everyone else, go with the hipers, my friend jimmy just recently got hipers for his moto and im blown away by the looks and performance. If your going to put an extended axle on and make your dale an "MX machine", i would go with extended a-arms and aftermarket front shocks if your willing to put some more money into your dale. smile.gif

C_dale19mx

#7 Post by C_dale19mx »

well this is my winter project MX'er

Im gonna order hipers/klaw set up

+2 front end/elka shocks

Wider axle

port and polish ?!? maybe...

thats my plan performance wise, well see if it plays out biggrin.gif

TheJaspMan

#8 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by C_dale19mx
well this is my winter project MX'er

+2 front end/elka shocks

You are going to find your choice of +2s limited. For MX I would consider +3 with 4/1 offset fronts. Lot's of choices and long travel.

C_dale19mx

#9 Post by C_dale19mx »

I would love a long travel front end.... but i dont have the cash for that kind of set up sad.gif

TheJaspMan

#10 Post by TheJaspMan »

I can understand that.

Look around. There are some nice deals out there. Look for a stock Moto front end used.

Skip the Elkas and go with +3 arms and Works or TCS to save a little. I think you would be very surprised at how much you like their stuff.

For example. A set of TCS shocks from Haydug and some +3 LSR arms would be about the same price as ASR +2 arms and Elkas.

It's just a thought.