Need advice!?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
screamin 440

Need advice!?

#1 Post by screamin 440 »

Had new motor running yesterday for about five minutes, Ran fine. Radiator didn't get warm in this amount of time so i shut her down and put away for the night. Bled coolant system this morning. Went to fire her up started once then died. Tried again and she backfired real hard through the intake. Blew the throttle body out of the boot! Got that all back together and tried to start again and nothing tried to hit a couple times but would not run. Changed plug, charged battery and still nothing. Didn't get a chance to talk to ATK. They was already gone for the day when i gave up on it! I really want to ride this thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Worked on it for the past three days getting motor in and almost running!

screamin 440

#2 Post by screamin 440 »

Could it have possibaly damaged the throttle body position sensor when it backfired like that through the intake ? One time when it did try to fire it a had a pretty nice flame goin on out the back of my brand new HMF pipe! Thought i had me a rocket for a second LOL.

dalewannbe

throttle recalibration

#3 Post by dalewannbe »

Do you have the D&M? I would try a throttle recal, if you have the D&M. Then check your battery connections, make sure they are tight and also clean.

MX Quad Dad

#4 Post by MX Quad Dad »

I would check the flywheel and flywheel keyway

dalewannbe

#5 Post by dalewannbe »

this is a new atk motor......so I'm thinking its something electrical verse the flywheel and flywheel key.

make sure your grounds are all good too.

wistech

#6 Post by wistech »

Double check and make sure your injector wires are clicked in and the retainers are good.

screamin 440

#7 Post by screamin 440 »

Your the man Wistech! My right injector plug in wasn't snapped in all the way! I prob. pulled it off when messing with the throtle body boot. Finally got to ride her and man it's got some a**! Didn't get on it too much yet, but seems to pull really hard! Thanks for everbodys info!