colling fan running

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
quadprorider

colling fan running

#1 Post by quadprorider »

I am the new proud owner of a Cannondale. smile.gif After riding it for about 10 minutes, I shut the key off and a few seconds later the cooling fan came on. The fan stayed on for a minute or so then shut off. I was just wondering if this is normal for the cooling fan to come on even though the key is off. Any responses would be appreciated..Thanks, Nick.

jfarrar

#2 Post by jfarrar »

o man take that thing back where you got it right away and tell that lil **** to ....j/k it is perfectly normal my friend

quadprorider

#3 Post by quadprorider »

WOW..... you better tell Leric what you said about him. I'm glad the members at this site are so nice to eachother lol. But back to the topic, would'nt the battery die if power could still be taken from a bike that has the key off?

jfarrar

#4 Post by jfarrar »

the ecu shuts down after i beieve 2 minutes your fan will run no longer than that.as long as you have a good battery you have nothing to worry about.it is a good idea to keep it on a trickle charger though when not in use to help preserve the battery

bombsquad54

#5 Post by bombsquad54 »

hey quadprorider what did you ride before the dale? just a question, and how do you like it compared to everything else:welcome: to the obsession

quadprorider

old bike

#6 Post by quadprorider »

I used to race a full out houser long travel z450. The cannnondale has tons more power and just a better overall bike and I dont have to deal with cracking a frame or a swingarm or a sub frame and the list goes on about the z450. Dont get me wrong, the bike handled the best out of any bike made and everything else was good but a few bugs they need to work out. I think the only thing i need for the cannondale is a 250r conversion kit and I will be set.

bombsquad54

#7 Post by bombsquad54 »

call up haydug:) he has a very nice houser 250r conversion that is less money than the walsh. cdales are awsome. my buds z400 droped valves 4 different times, and the suzuki shop fixed it every time. suzuki is a great bike but doesnt hold up structurally like a cannondale(make sure to keep check on all bolts and nuts) and the dale will be good. where do you live? you should bring the ole dale to the cannondaleriders.com sand ride at little sahara, in waynoke OK.

Derno24

#8 Post by Derno24 »

Welcome QPR! Don't sweat the fan. It will only run for a little like Farrar said. This is the only thing that will run after the key is turned off so it won't drain your battery.

Bombsquad you really need to read peoples avatars.....He lives in Delaware. tongue.gif

Delaware152

#9 Post by Delaware152 »

quadprorider...Glad to hear you like the C-Dale. Now you see why I am not going to a Honda!! If you want the 250R conversion give Haydug a call. My dad will be at his shop on Thursday and I am sure he would pick one up for you if you wanted so save you a few bucks shipping. Let me know.

bombsquad54

#10 Post by bombsquad54 »

hey derno i voted that you didnt suck! i better figure how to change my vote, LOL Just Kidding. i know i have a short attention span. tongue.gif :cheers: