Motor Troubles again!!!!!!

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
nicksglamis440

Motor Troubles again!!!!!!

#1 Post by nicksglamis440 »

OK I thought that the head gasket blew maybe not. I put motor back in the bike, started up, and it runs for about 15 seconds before the over flow bottle fills completely full and has lots of pressure in it, then the fluids start coming out the exhayst then the cylinder fills full of fluid and dies. what is going on?

cdrookie

#2 Post by cdrookie »

sounds like either a warped head or a cracked sleeve.

Canniboomer

Questions for seasoned motorheads:

#3 Post by Canniboomer »

So is a cracked sleeve very hard to detect if you didn't specifically look for it?? After the motor comes to rest, does it close back up and become invisible to the naked eye or ???? Poor Nick already had the thing apart to replace the head gasket, but they didn't notice a cracked sleeve... is that stupid over-drilled dot at 12-o'clock intake side usually?

wistech

#4 Post by wistech »

If its blasting coolant out it must be a fairly good crack. Check the head itself for cracks too. We'll get ya fixed up.

nicksglamis440

#5 Post by nicksglamis440 »

Thanks guys, when we had it apart we looked over the sleeve very well, did not notice anything not normal. Well I guess I will start terring it apart again and go from their.

haydug

#6 Post by haydug »

Be sure to properly torque your headbolts, I loaned my little extension out once, and tried to wing it with just a wrench, that cost me a day of pulling the engine back out and replaceing the head gasket. Lesson's learned!
Did you use a new head gasket?

nicksglamis440

#7 Post by nicksglamis440 »

yes we put new inner and outer head gasket in, and torqed the head bolts to spec.

nicksglamis440

#8 Post by nicksglamis440 »

Ok Now I went to pull the motor out and decided to drain the motor oil first it is full of coolant. So now I have coolant in the cylinder and in the oil and coming out the exhaust.

cdrookie

#9 Post by cdrookie »

if there's coolant in the cylinder it will be in the crankcase oil also. is there any coolant in the tranny oil?

nicksglamis440

#10 Post by nicksglamis440 »

No none in the tranny, thats whats weird is before their was no water in the oil now their is big time.