Runs weird....

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
MrSlithers

Runs weird....

#1 Post by MrSlithers »

I just got my Dale last night and took it to the track today. Well it took about 20 minutes today of idleing and putting around before I could open her up. And if I punched it before those 20 minutes, it would bog down and die. It'll run great afterwards but if I shut it off for 10 minutes or more, it'll take another 5 minutes to get up to running condition. Is this a typical Dale? Should I change the spark plug?

cdrookie

#2 Post by cdrookie »

did you get a d&m kit with the machine? if not, sounds like you need one. post your location, someone might live close by to offer you a hand.

wistech

#3 Post by wistech »

Typical? No They should be ready to go right from startup. Looks like you need a tune up. Verify your fuel/throttle settings on your D&M kit. Check for fuel restriction. both filters and the disconnect o rings. Also check for coolant flow. The radiator should heat up with the engine.

MrSlithers

#4 Post by MrSlithers »

Where can I get a D&M kit and what are they:rolleyes: . I am super new to this stuff so help me out boys:) .

Btw, I went out today and started it and it was pretty much ready to go from start up. scooter-crusher (the owner before me) had it and hardly ever rode it and it sat for quite sometime so I think it just needed a good ride to clear its throat.

speed2424

#5 Post by speed2424 »

Post your location, so some one might be able to come over to help you with it.

comander420

#6 Post by comander420 »

you can get one of your own wich I highly recomend even though I put it off for about 6 months, there is so much you can do with it. Try Optimum or haydug they are about $300 and worth every penny. You can change the maps, recalibrate your throttle, check for faults, it's a handy piece of equipment to have, but if somone close to you has one you might get lucky and use theirs for free

MrSlithers

#7 Post by MrSlithers »

Alrighty, im located near St.Louis. Let me know if ya got one.

cannondale440

#8 Post by cannondale440 »

i live in KC. I have one. If your ever willin to make a trip let me know. Maybe we can meet up at Finger Lakes sometime. Good luck to ya