Easy Clutch Lever

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
JST

Easy Clutch Lever

#1 Post by JST »

I still have the cable operated clutch and am looking for an easier pull,anyone using the MSR lever or any other brands?And does it make a difference,was it worth it?

NRath

#2 Post by NRath »

IMO- I wouldn't put an easy pull on a 'dale. They reduce the amount of cable the lever actually pulls, which reduces the amount of clutch "disengagement". I think the dales need all the pull they can get because of the extra plates their clutch design has. If you think your bike jump when you put it in gear now, try it with an easy pull. You'd probably have to hang up starting it in gear, also.
If you feel your pull is hard, you might try lubing your cable or getting a new one. The pull on mine is pretty easy and nearly on par with any new jap quad. As you ride, the cable gets gunked up and gradually gets harder to pull without you really noticing it.
Big suggestion here- throw a little grease on the lead pivot ball in your lever to keep it from binding up and not rotating. If it stops moving freely, your cable will break in no time. I've been on 2 different dale's that suffered a broken cable there.

Derno24

#3 Post by Derno24 »

I switched mine, but not to an easy pull. I purchased a moose lever with bearings in the lever. The installation went well and it is on par with any body else clutch lever hydraulic included. I also switched to the shorter cable too so maybe that has something to do with it.

cdaledave89

#4 Post by cdaledave89 »

I put an MSR "Raptor" clutch lever on my old 250R. It was very smooth and did provide an easier pull compared to the PEP EZ-Pull lever that I previously had on it. Was it worth the $60 cost? I don't know - probably. It was definitely better than the $35 P.O.S. PEP lever! I would recommend it if you are doing any type of racing (especially MX) where you'll be feathering the clutch a lot. Your fingers, hand, and arm will thank you.