i think its a fuel problem

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
440speedrider

i think its a fuel problem

#1 Post by 440speedrider »

Hey, i got my d&m from haydug (quick arivial) :clap: then i called timbo and got my mapping all worked out, no i beleive its not getting any fuel it wont start, the fuel pump kicks on, it has gas , i think its air locked somewhere, happen to anyone else? should i try and spray some starting fluid in the spark plug hole and see if it hits? Their is very little fuel in the filter, its just at the bottom of the paper in the filter, not up to the holes yet, let me know what u guys think

Idahocannibal

#2 Post by Idahocannibal »

Look into you gas tank when the fuel pump turns on, there should be a pretty healthy stream shooting out of the return line. If not there might be a blockage or pinched line or something.

speed2424

#3 Post by speed2424 »

Also double check your gas tank fittings to be sure they are hooked up correctly.smile.gif

cannibal67

#4 Post by cannibal67 »

Same things goining on with my cannibal. I still haven't figured it out . I thought if you would put it on a D&M it would tell you whats wrong with it. When you hook your D&M up it doesen't give you any faults? I don't have a D&M to put mine on so maybe if you figure out what's wrong with yours same thing could be wrong with mine. My cannibal fired up when I used starter fluid.

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

If the fuel pump turns on the Hex is almost always good.If a map along with all the settings wasnt loaded in it would also do this.A D&M will allow you to check or reload this along with sensing a injector fault.If all that checks out which 440speed probably did then it must be one the things mentioned or a bad fuel pump.Without D&M it is tough to know anything for sure.

440speedrider

#6 Post by 440speedrider »

tomarrow when i get home ill hook it up to my d&m and see what it says, ill re load my new map and check for faults. Whats it mean when it reads an injector fault?

cannibal67

#7 Post by cannibal67 »

The injectors are probably bad. Or there not connected up right.

440speedrider

#8 Post by 440speedrider »

im ganna hook it up the the d&m tomarrow and we will see what it says

wistech

#9 Post by wistech »

When was the last time your quad ran and what happened to it?
Did you check the basics? Fuel pressure,spark,Battery connections good?

haydug

#10 Post by haydug »

try a new coil. Trust me. :drink: