after market clutch?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
blaze#52

after market clutch?

#1 Post by blaze#52 »

hey, does anyone know of anyone making after a market clutch for the cannondales. i know that cannondale has the updated clutch disks, and i have my order in, but who knows if i will see them. any info or which type you guys run would be greatly appreciated, thanks:confused:

NRath

#2 Post by NRath »

I talked to Barnett and they aren't making anything for it. They also didn't know of anyone that was and didn't know who was making the plates for Cannondale. Cannondale is shipping parts again, so if you have an order in some where, there's a good chance it'll be filled.
I'd highly recommend updating to the new plates. The metal in the friction plates is almost twice as thick. The original plates just aren't thick enough and will deform considerably. I'm really surprised that wasn't seen during R&D.

JST

clutch plates

#3 Post by JST »

I orsered a full set of plates and springs from R&S at the end of last year,Idon't know if he has any left 812-279-5833

mountainman10

#4 Post by mountainman10 »

what is the price on a full set of plates and springs?

JST

#5 Post by JST »

I belive I paid 175.00 for all,not really sure can't find my receipt.Huge difference getting rid of the aluminum plates.I don't remember it having this good of a clutch feel when i first got it.Although I felt a CDALE with a hydro clutch and now I want one or a easy-pull lever to make it even smoother.