vacuum lines?!?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
exracer12

vacuum lines?!?

#1 Post by exracer12 »

i just bought new vacuum line soff ebay that are soposed to be better then stock. i also got the 4 way coupler? now where does it go? can someone help? was it a waste of my money for this?

fig

#2 Post by fig »

On a motorcycle you have three lines:

ECU, air box, fuel pump regulator.

The "T" connects the air box and regulator back to the ECU.

Are quads different?

The factory vacuum lines and fuel lines are junk and should be replaced

kdeal

Re: vacuum lines?!?

#3 Post by kdeal »

Originally posted by exracer12
i just bought  new vacuum line soff ebay that are soposed to be better then stock. i also got the 4 way coupler? now where does it go? can someone help? was it a waste of my money for this?

The vacuum line 4-way fitting is up under the airbox. You only have to replace what you have now. If your's is a 3-way fitting the fourth line comes off of the top of the side cover and is zip tied down the frame and stops near the battery on the left side. The factory vacuum lines crack in less than a year, the kit you are refering to looks to be replacement lines cut to fit exactly, and is made of silicone which will not crack like the old ones. The lines go to the fuel pump regulator, the ECU, the bottom of the airbox, and the top of the engine in the side cover pointing towards the front of the bike. Plus they lines come in different colors...woo-woo.

Hope this helps.

exracer12

#4 Post by exracer12 »

thanks guys, yeah your info helped.

i also have another question. i have a full hmf exhaust system and near the end of the header there is a hose that runs by it and the hose seems to be kinked and right up against the exhaust. ?????

Jaybr

Re: .

#5 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by exracer12
thanks guys, yeah your info helped.

i also have another question.  i have a full hmf exhaust system and near the end of the header there is a hose that runs by it and the hose seems to be kinked and right up against the exhaust. ?????

That hose is the oil line that feeds oil from the frame back into the motor. They do sit close to the header, but shouldn't be kinked. it should also have a sleeve over it to protect from heat.

exracer12

#6 Post by exracer12 »

it is like a rough textured hose. like there is bumps on the hose? is that the only to protest it from heat?

is there also any other hoses or anything that should be checked or buy new ones?