valve cover

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Braff1

valve cover

#1 Post by Braff1 »

I am looking for a new or good valve cover. I pulled my impellar cover off today to check the impellar to see if it was stripped only to find a big crater in my valve cover. I have been running engine ice but using water wetter with it. I guess the two togahter don't work.

kdeal

#2 Post by kdeal »

I don't know about waterwetter, but Engine Ice has deonized water in the list of ingredients. I believe you need to make sure you change it every so often, as it wears out and still does damage. Contact Wistech, he may be able to help you out with a cover.

CannondaleRider

#3 Post by CannondaleRider »

EVANS!!!!!

lol:)

Braff1

#4 Post by Braff1 »

anyone know if I could just change antifreeze and epoxy the holes?

Braff1

#5 Post by Braff1 »

The holes are not all the way through. but one is deeply erroded.

anyone know where is a good place to get evans npg or npg+

cdrider02

evans

#6 Post by cdrider02 »

I ordered directly from evans lots of good info on their site, they sell a prep fluid to rinse with but their site says you can rinse with a different type of coolant I think sierra probably cheaper too. I ran the NPG-R because of lower viscosity.

fig

#7 Post by fig »

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

If it isnt all the way through just switching to Evans will STOP the corrosion.The JB weld is a easy fix though.Thats what I did to mine.

54warrior

#9 Post by 54warrior »

A friend of mine had used "3M Panel Glue", its an auto body product. He used it on the counter balancer bearing holder on numerous 250R engines, and thought that it would work on my 'Dale's valve cover. I opted for the Evans coolant instead, and it was well worth it. Sure, it was $25 for 2 gallons, but oh well.

54warrior

#10 Post by 54warrior »

I got the evans from a local engine bulider(hi-perf. drag race/ dirt late model type engines). Its called Fox Racing Engines, near Indiana, PA. The owners name is Jerry Fox. I can't seem to find the number right now, but will look tonite for it. I don't believe that he has a website.

Is $25 for 2 gallons a good price??