maitenance

Q&A about routine maintenance.
JMaN05

maitenance

#1 Post by JMaN05 »

are these cannondales as much fuss to maintane as people make them out to be?? or are they just talking to much BS about it!?
do you really have to change the fuel filter, air filter, oil filter, egine oil, tranny oil, spark plug, recommended re-map, every 5(rec0mmended) hours?? that sounds like BS to me! i mean, with every race quad you are supposed to maintane them to the fullest...but i dont know to this extent. i owned a YFZ450 last year, and it was kida the same way(minus the mapping and fuel filter) but it wasnt enfisized on as much as people do it on the cannondales...

jacobw

#2 Post by jacobw »

the reccommended is about 20 hours for a oil change and filter and fuel filter change they are high maintenance compared to a 400ex but compared to the new machines they are not anything overwhelming. 15-20hours would be the max on oil but if you figure that for trailriders and about 2-3 races if you race and you will be good to go!

jesshamner

#3 Post by jesshamner »

You don't have to change the spark plug and remap it. The map is data that is stored to your ecu to run the machine. Once its there, it stays there unless you want different power delivery characteristics. Remapping is the fun part about these machines. The oil changes aren't that bad.

JMaN05

#4 Post by JMaN05 »

see, some one told me last night that you are supposed to refresh the mapping or something like that....i dk

jacobw

#5 Post by jacobw »

not refresh the mapping I bet they told you to do a throttle recal every oil change to keep it running its best.

61austin

#6 Post by 61austin »

Originally posted by JMaN05
see, some one told me last night that you are supposed to refresh the mapping or something like that....i dk

I think that they were talking about doing a throttle recalibration. Some say it should be done every oil change but before I got my D&M I never did it and I never had a problem.

jesshamner

#7 Post by jesshamner »

Originally posted by 61austin
I think that they were talking about doing a throttle recalibration. Some say it should be done every oil change but before I got my D&M I never did it and I never had a problem.

I did the same thing. I never had a problem before I got the d&m.

JMaN05

#8 Post by JMaN05 »

what is D&M??

jacobw

#9 Post by jacobw »

diagnostics and maintenance kit it allows you to change maps, injector offset, flowrate, rev limiter, adjsut TPS, etc. Its a program for your PC that allow you to dianose your cannondale and fine tune it!

banzairx7

#10 Post by banzairx7 »

I change my oil every 5-8hrs. When it comes out of there it is black. You could probably get away with more but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

My fuel filter gets changed every 15-20. They just don't seem to last much longer than that.