June Dune update..

Brad Oakley

#71 Post by Brad Oakley »

Went and got me some SAND PADDLES yesterday!! I'll be ready for next year.

By the way... Did I mention that I'm raising a cow? Have it at a neighbors, about half-mile down the road. We'll butcher it at the end of the year. Wait until you see the steaks we'll eat next June!!!

cdalepilot

#72 Post by cdalepilot »

yummy !smile.gif

cannondale27

#73 Post by cannondale27 »

Brad I honestly have never eaten two whole steaks before.I just couldnt help myself though they were that good.biggrin.gif Bring the cow on.

NRath

#74 Post by NRath »

This was a great write up about your trip!!! Good Job, guys! It looks like it was an awesome time! I'm surprised I'm just seeing this thread for the first time! It brings back memories of the cross country Glamis trip! It also makes me think I need to start making some plans for next year!!!! Looks to me like the end of May/first of June is a good time. That way I can tie in the holiday for a free day off work!

Who managed to rack up the most miles on the trip?

cannondale27

#75 Post by cannondale27 »

Timbo would have had most miles on for sure.I had about 3700mi and he went 10 hrs further.Another story there.

Sandstorm

#76 Post by Sandstorm »

Nrath you haven't seen big dunes...........................................................................
.................................................................................
..................................YET!!!

cannondale27

#77 Post by cannondale27 »

Sounds like alot of folks are planning for next year.That will be awesome.You up to it Henry?

Sandstorm

#78 Post by Sandstorm »

Am I up for it??? LOL I will lead next year..You can go to the dunes and ride and you can come hear and see what bowling really should be like. There is NOBODY that can lead a bowling ride like Buddah and I'd put money on THAT!!!!! You have to be **** good to lead at the pace he does or you will get killed,,, literally!!!

cannondale27

#79 Post by cannondale27 »

Thats for sure!Need to keep up also or suprises show up.Like 30ft straight down with no warning.Glad I have good suspension:D

NRath

#80 Post by NRath »

Originally posted by Sandstorm
................................................................................
........................................................YET!!!

That's what I'm talking about! I'll get there sooner or later. I mentioned a monster road trip to my wife last night. That's all I said on the subject. Let me peak her interest first.
I also mentioned it to Ryanstones last night as he was standing in his garage drooling over his 'dale. His probably hasn't been ridden in about 6-8 mos and I know he's got a serious itch!! Looks like he'll be w/o I-net for a while, though. He's got no TV reception and barely gets a couple radio stations. But, he does have a telephone. I'll definitely be heading to Ark next year and probably on out to LS at least from there.

I finally got hooked up with some digital imaging software so I can resize pics. I've got, ohhhhhh, about 130 of them from the Glamis trip! After this weekend, I'm gonna' start throwing a few of them up.