Cannondaleriders Fall Ride

kdeal

#1 Post by kdeal »

It's time to start planning our annual pilgrimage to Majestic Trails near Bradford, Pa. This is usually the biggest gathering of Cannondale family and friends each year. There have been quite a few new friends join the ranks this year and it would be fun to have you attend. Friends and family of members are encouraged to attend as well. The hosts for this every year are the fine people at Majestic Trails. There is plenty of good riding at one of if not the best trail riding area on the East Coast. There are plenty of well manicured one way trails to ride, a motocross track on top of the mountain, good food on Saturday for lunch / dinner & my favorite an impromptu drag race session for bragging rights late saturday afternoon. I am looking for suggestions for a good date and so far the most popular days are the weekend of September 11,12 & 13. This is the weekend after Labor Day (so there will not be as many people riding). They usually rope off an entire area of the campground just for us. The place is privately owned and the price is cheap, so please make plans to attend. There is cheap camping or motels within 10 minutes away. My thumb is itching already! huh.gif

Dachshund

#2 Post by Dachshund »

Been waiting for your post Ken. Thought about nudging you yesterday. tongue.gif Dates are fine for us. Got front fenders now, yeehaa, so it will probably not rain.

Happyboy

#3 Post by Happyboy »

If I can hurry up and find a job and get moved out east this would actually be doable!!

gml1998

#4 Post by gml1998 »

QUOTE (kdeal @ Jun 26 2009, 10:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's time to start planning our annual pilgrimage to Majestic Trails near Bradford, Pa. This is usually the biggest gathering of Cannondale family and friends each year. There have been quite a few new friends join the ranks this year and it would be fun to have you attend. Friends and family of members are encouraged to attend as well. The hosts for this every year are the fine people at Majestic Trails. There is plenty of good riding at one of if not the best trail riding area on the East Coast. There are plenty of well manicured one way trails to ride, a motocross track on top of the mountain, good food on Saturday for lunch / dinner & my favorite an impromptu drag race session for bragging rights late saturday afternoon. I am looking for suggestions for a good date and so far the most popular days are the weekend of September 11,12 & 13. This is the weekend after Labor Day (so there will not be as many people riding). They usually rope off an entire area of the campground just for us. The place is privately owned and the price is cheap, so please make plans to attend. There is cheap camping or motels within 10 minutes away. My thumb is itching already! huh.gif

Might be doable for me also.What type of riding is there ? My wife is interested in going but likes the easier stuff.

kdeal

#5 Post by kdeal »

QUOTE (gml1998 @ Jun 26 2009, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Might be doable for me also.What type of riding is there ? My wife is interested in going but likes the easier stuff.

Gary,

This is the perfect family place. It has easy to diificult trails and the trails are marked and there is info at the camp ground and the trail head. There is even an awesome pee-wee track next to the camp ground.

2000ex

#6 Post by 2000ex »

PLEASE KEEP THOSE DATES!!! I have been wanting to come to the group ride for the last 3-4 years and it always ends up being on a race weekend.

Would love to meet up and put faces with names and have some fun on the trails

kdeal

#7 Post by kdeal »

The date is pretty firm unless enough people say otherwise. I have some commitments from at least 5 old time members who have never been to a group ride. So with 2000ex saying it's a good date it's looking like that will be the date. Come on guys we need some more input.

NRath

#8 Post by NRath »

There is no way I'm going riding with you bunch of hippies and rednecks!!

jesshamner

#9 Post by jesshamner »

Come on NRath, you can ride that quad more than once a year!

The dates are good for me Kdeal! I can't wait! It sucks to plan so far in advance because then I have to wait all this time for it.

quadracer500

#10 Post by quadracer500 »

QUOTE (gml1998 @ Jun 26 2009, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your wife will have a ball , my wife is a beginer also and she always has fun there, maybe we can get them togther to ride