ATK & Ebay

haydug

ATK & Ebay

#1 Post by haydug »

As most of you know, ATK is now giving parts away on ebay. What are you'r thoughts?

Happyboy

#2 Post by Happyboy »

You know, this is a toughy. They are definatley selling parts on ebay to try and drum up some funds. But for what? I have heard from a couple of places now that their new direction is building motors. Well, to do that they have to get some parts made. I know they are getting some new peices made but to what extent, don't know. I am keeping my fingers crossed that they don't dump the scene. And the parts they are selling now aren't so cheap its insane, they are just getting them down to market value. The really unfortunate part is they are cutting their dealers out on it.

Canniboomer

#3 Post by Canniboomer »

that's a tough one. It's too bad that existing dealers are not being notified, and would actually be paying higher prices for many of those same items during a routine order to the parts desk! You would think that any dealer network would be used first to extend bargains to the market -- shameful really, but Hey! many of us non-dealers have bought some goodies. They will defend the practice by claiming that ebay reaches a different market not hit by existing dealers -- only part true. They should really put dealers first, or give them the auction price less the dealer discount -- to be fair. If I'm wrong in this observation, it would be nice to have a dealer chime in here with comments.

kdeal

#4 Post by kdeal »

Guys, I think I have this one figured out. At first they only sold items that they can't use to build new quads or bikes (mostly different color plastic, and Cannondale logo stuff). Then I started seeing things on there that definitely had me a little worried. I then found out anything they are selling that they can be installed on their "new" stuff is because they have a crap load of it. Think about it, piston kits, black head light covers, water bottles, and most recently a newly found hoard of flywheels. Every item that went up for sale that I knew could be used on current models, they have a bunch of. But in the end yes, it is hurting the dealer network. This stuff should be offered to the dealers at the same style of discount or possibly in quantity to then be sold to the general public.

:deal:

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

I worry about all the parts getting spread out all over the place.Garages get cleaned and stuff gets thrown out.The more I look into the history of Frank and ATK the more I am worried.Has anyone else heard story of how he aquired ATK?Cant seem to find it in print but heard from old ATK dealer.Worth looking into.Buy the way I still didnt recieve the flywheel I paid for from them.Contact has been made though.

Happyboy

#6 Post by Happyboy »

Keep in mind though that the parts they have been selling aren't the low qty parts. When those get sold we ought to worry. I really think they are just now figureing out that they should make a quick buck off the excess inventory to support their endevoures. I just hope those include us.

kdeal

#7 Post by kdeal »

Originally posted by cannondale27
I worry about all the parts getting spread out all over the place.Garages get cleaned and stuff gets thrown out.The more I look into the history of Frank and ATK the more I am worried.Has anyone else heard story of how he aquired ATK?Cant seem to find it in print but heard from old ATK dealer.Worth looking into.Buy the way I still didnt recieve the flywheel I paid for from them.Contact has been made though.

Steve, me too on the flywheel. I did get a response back though, and Brad does know the guy doing it personally. He said he just got married.

cdalepilot

#8 Post by cdalepilot »

i think atk is selling all its inventory and are no longer going to sell the cdale/atk's once they are all sold.

GDITheman

#9 Post by GDITheman »

IF THEY haven't lined up new parts by now, then forget it.

does anyone know how many complete quads they have left that they can build? they have done nothing to market the quads. i think they have done very little at all. ****, brad and dave almost beat them to the aluminum valve cover.

we all need to have a spare engine or three.

kdeal

#10 Post by kdeal »

Originally posted by GDITheman
IF THEY haven't lined up new parts by now, then forget it.

does anyone know how many complete quads they have left that they can build? they have done nothing to market the quads. i think they have done very little at all. ****, brad and dave almost beat them to the aluminum valve cover.

we all need to have a spare engine or three.

They did beat them to the valve cover. ATK will not have the covers until after Brad & Dave do. They have been advertising the cover for over a year, but did not have any.