Information Please

Brad Oakley

Information Please

#1 Post by Brad Oakley »

I'm looking for people who can answer these two questions:

1. Have you had any dealings with Shane (Sean?) Shift? Please, no rumors, second-hand stories or gossip. If the information is negative, how about sending me the info in a PM. You are also welcome to call me (877) 302-9288 with any information you may have on business dealings with the man.

2. Does HMF make a COMPLETE exhaust system for the C-dales? I'm talking about both the header and the silencer. I know that HMF makes a slip-on silencer that fits on the old-style original header. Do they make one that fits the '03 (toaster) style header? Does the same silencer (slip-on and complete system) work for both systems? Okay - this is more than one question, but I'm trying to learn about after-market exhaust systems, and HMF seems to be it.

Thanks for your assistance --Brad

Exodus

#2 Post by Exodus »

1. Have no idea.

2. I think they did make a complete system. I believe I have one on my bike. Its an 02 style header, which was shorter than the 03. Other than that, I think they are the pretty much the same system. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me, but it seems to me thats the way it went. As far as power, the shorter 02 header seems to pull harder off the bottom than the 03 longer header. That was a comparison for my Cannibal and Chancey's Moto. Both had stock motors at the time. I might add, that was seat of the pants feel so dyno numbers may prove me wrong. I think FMF also made an exhaust as well as Trinity, but I dont have any info on those.

Happyboy

#3 Post by Happyboy »

The HMF header pipe looked very very similar to the 03 style header as the pipes stayed seperate till near the end of the header. They never made a slip on that fit the 03 header but the 03 headers have been modified to fit their slip on. Doug was doing that a while back for people.

tat

#4 Post by tat »

HMF, Trinity,Big-Gun,Bills all make slip-ons. HMF and TCRacing are the only 2 that make full systems I think.

Derno24

#5 Post by Derno24 »

1. no information on Mr. Shift as I have never had any dealings with him.

2. There was Trinity, FMF, and HMF that made complete full systems. The HMF slip on is the same as the exhaust on the full system. The header is different than the stock set-up's as it is between the stock 02 header and the 03 header. Meaning the spot where they join up is later than the 02, but sooner than an 03. I would have to look through my pics to be able to show you the differences as I think my 02 header was on the quad that was stolen. I have a full HMF on the 12 hr quad.

jacobw

#6 Post by jacobw »

hey brad how are your cdale exhasts coming i night be up for one in the spring when I heal up over the broken wrist I got this weekend.

cannibalq8

#7 Post by cannibalq8 »

We we had like this pipe http://www.stealthcharger.com/
We tested it in teh YFZ and it ripsssssss

cdalepilot

#8 Post by cdalepilot »

i have a full hmf exhaust on my dale, so they do make them or did .i bought my system in 2002.

61austin

#9 Post by 61austin »

Originally posted by cannibalq8
We we had like this pipe http://www.stealthcharger.com/
We tested it in teh YFZ and it ripsssssss

I called them a while back and they told me that there were no plans to build one for a cannondale. They are pretty cool though a friend of mine got one free as a tester for his KFX and they make quite a bit of power even with the quiet core.