I.a.c.v. ????

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
cannondale27

I.a.c.v. ????

#1 Post by cannondale27 »

I have been having a heck of a time lately trying to get a good idle and tuning for lowend.Have found that even when fully warm the IACV still is bypassing throttleplate slightly.Is this normal?Also it has been erratic in operation.sometimes all goes well sometimes not.As far as nice high idle which gradually goes down when warm.No codes.Did the static tests and ohm readings.all is fine.replaced the temp sensor,IACV,and cleaned terminals.Even tried multiple HEX codes and swapped ECU.Did wiggle tests.Nothing.Right now I am running with a block off plate.No IACV.Runs perfect but sure would like a nice high idle at startup.Whats next?

Speed 1B

#2 Post by Speed 1B »

I have actually seen throttle bodies wear out. Check out your throttle body and see how much light you can see around it. Could be your problem.

jwheat

#3 Post by jwheat »

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

Jwheat do you know if the IACV is supposed to be leaking all the time like mine does?Its not much of a leak but if its blocked of idle goes down by at least 400-500 rpm.I am leaning towords bad wiring.Sure runs nice without it.But is a real bear to start cold.

jwheat

#5 Post by jwheat »

I know on a car that it will close all of the way off.......I'm guessing that it should on a Dale also. Carbon build up on the end of the plunger is what usually happens in cars.

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

Mine the valve is brand new and I cleaned carbon off the plastic hole the plunger seals.

fig

#7 Post by fig »

Have you changed out the throttle body yet? This should narrow down if it's wiring or the IVAC.

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

Changed the IACV with another.Same results.I dont have another throttlebody.Maybe it is supposed to leak a bit?Sure doesnt seem like it should though.With blockoff plate installed I can easily tune the thing and real nice idle and starting when warm.Before it was a nightmare.Real hit and miss.Cold starting can be a bear though.