Vacuum at regulator

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
cannondale27

Vacuum at regulator

#1 Post by cannondale27 »

Wannablaze started this subject.Could yield some results with it.seems to me the stock system is hooked up backwards!

wanablaze

#2 Post by wanablaze »

Actually, you guys had the idea first. I didn't know Timbo was working on it already. I'd like to hear Wistech's results, also if he can compare. Some others threw out some good ideas!

Canniboomer

#3 Post by Canniboomer »

I have a head here with an extra tapped piece in the throatway. It's probably there from a "secret" nitrous injector done by Jordy. I bet that could be used for a variable suction source -- let me know optimum location, tks.

wistech

#4 Post by wistech »

From what little I ran it last night it does work just like all automobiles. When the quad was idling and vacuum was up the fuel pressure would drop down to 40psi (where I adjusted it to) when snapped open pressure rose right up to 48psi. So anytime the quad is under load(low vacuum) the fuel pressure will be at max. We will not know till tommorow if the fuel system can be made to work better with this setup but thats what R@D is for.

61austin

#5 Post by 61austin »

Sounds like this could be a fix for the undersized injectors on timbo's monster motors. Keep up the good work.:clap:

jwheat

#6 Post by jwheat »

Hmmmm.....I'm pretty sure that I suggested before that this is a vacuum regulator and I was told i was wrong. :mad:

Happyboy

#7 Post by Happyboy »

lol, cause you are from mississippi you hick!! tongue.gif

jwheat

#8 Post by jwheat »

Oh yeah!!! Now I remember! biggrin.gif

Derno24

#9 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by jwheat
Hmmmm.....I'm pretty sure that I suggested before that this is a vacuum regulator and I was told i was wrong. :mad:

I never said it wasn't a vacuum advance. What I said in it's current location it doesn't do a thing.

kdeal

#10 Post by kdeal »

Originally posted by Derno24
...........  What I said in it's current location it doesn't do a thing.

Dang, sounds like Derno....LOL

:rotf :rotf :rotf

You know I'm kidding my monkey ruler...:bow: