I quit!

Derno24

#51 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by wanablaze
Derno,
Maybe you could hire a P.I.  and send him into that part of philly?  :(  

I hope you get them back.  Now that they've found one, hopefully the police and work backwards.

I appreciate all of the support. It has been tough getting back to normal since the incident, but I am getting there. I keep going back and forth about heading down there. I may wait for the next nice day and just ride around. I am also going to visit the closest suzuki dealer to the location and have a talk with them. Just to see if the dale showed up. There were somethings that should have popped up by now and would need some servicing on both machines.

cannondale27

#52 Post by cannondale27 »

Thats great some results are happening.Is it really bad in Philly?Going to the dealer would be a good idea.Instead of bringing the stolen quads up first ask if he knows any local racers.Then tell him about your quads.

cannondale27

#53 Post by cannondale27 »

What do the drug runners do with the quads?Hard to believe they would ride them.No chase has got to be really frustrating to the police!

Derno24

#54 Post by Derno24 »

****** is correct about the quads being used for drug running. That was the only reason they got this idiot on the lt80. Also in philly there are alot of abandoned factories and crappy field areas where they can cut through without a problem. Also, they will fit down most alleys too.

wanablaze

#55 Post by wanablaze »

There's something I think you should see.sad.gif

Remind me to bring "Huevos 7" to "THE RACE." There is a chapter in there called "Philly Drag."

cannondale27

#56 Post by cannondale27 »

Cripes!In a way thats kind of cool.Never thought the idiots would be able to think of something like that.****** they should let you get a quad.Couple around the tire nerfs and good bumpers would catch them.

Derno24

#57 Post by Derno24 »

There's something I think you should see.sad.gif

Remind me to bring "Huevos 7" to "THE RACE."  There is a chapter in there called "Philly Drag."

I've been there a couple times already looking for the quad. It is a wierd street as people just tend to show up. No set racing if you know what I mean.

wanablaze

#58 Post by wanablaze »

Derno,
I know what you mean. We have a similar situation with cars around here. There's an industrial park here that gets real busy late night.smile.gif

There aren't any fliers, nobody talks about it much, most races aren't set up in advance. Typically it's the same majority group of people out there.

A kid I went to school with used to ride into town at night. Some cops would just pretend like they didn't see him. For the most part they'd leave him alone. Others would try to chase him. One night he crashed along side the road (the police car actually bumped his quad). He went to the hospital scraped up, and left the next morning. He's fine now. They did not press any charges as there is a no pursuit law here. I think the police were afraid of being countersued. He actually got his quad back, too.

It's definitely not the smartest thing to do, but he did get away with it. He hasn't tried it since, though.

cannondale27

#59 Post by cannondale27 »

There is no law against pursuit here.They will chase you through fields till they get stuck or break then bring out the dogs!

Derno24

#60 Post by Derno24 »

Derno,
I know what you mean.  We have a similar situation with cars around here.  There's an industrial park here that gets real busy late night.smile.gif  

We have those too. What I mean is usually drag race spots are like every night during the summer or at least on the weekends. This place where they drag race is just very random. You could go same time every week and one time you will be the only one the next you can't even move down there. No one knows when they are gonna race it is kinda like a random meeting.