Vacuum at regulator

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
Derno24

#11 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by kdeal
Dang, sounds like Derno....LOL

:rotf :rotf :rotf

You know I'm kidding my monkey ruler...:bow:

Papa why don't you love me no more!tongue.gif

kdeal

#12 Post by kdeal »

ewe.................

claas900

#13 Post by claas900 »

..Funny this should come up, cuzz iv been running mine for a wile now without any vacuum lines on it. ECU is pluged off,ruel regulator is left open, trans vent is open with short hose,and frame has a hose with a filter over the end...Tho after about 20 hours of rideing my trans pumped a little oil out the vent.

wistech

#14 Post by wistech »

Those lines are only there to keep dirt and water out of the system. Class did you plug off the one that goes into the airbox. If open it will be sucking unfiltered air directly into the motor.

cdalerider75

#15 Post by cdalerider75 »

Originally posted by claas900
.....Tho after about 20 hours of rideing my trans pumped a little oil out the vent.

I have the same issue... I thought it was because of engine oil making it's way over to the trans fluid... causing the trans fluid side to over fill... bad o-ring around the tubbing passages...

So I would hate for that fluid to get into the vacume line.. that's why I stick with the 3 way connection.

does this make sense??

claas900

#16 Post by claas900 »

wistech,im not running the air box anymore. The vent that came out of the frame I put a filter over it. All other vacume ports were caped off.

cdalerider75, I havent ridden from the last time the tranny pumped a little oil out. I dont think im getting motor oil in the trans cuzz I use redline oil in the trans and it still looks new,not black like it has motor oil in it. But then again like i said i havent really looked at it. Im going to spend some time today and see what i come up with. As for the 3 way line I think more and more ppl are useing it. I know i got trany oil sucked in the vacume lines with a 4 way.

NRath

#17 Post by NRath »

What is the original thread in which this was first discussed?

As for the 3-way(T)/4-way(Cross) connector, as most know, C'dale switched to the 4-way on the '03's (more or less). The reason- the EPA would not allow an oil line venting directly to the ground like the tranny side vent hose did on the quads with the 3-way T. Scooter later told me that the 4-way setup introduced pulses to the vacuum system that were less than desirable for the ecu.

wistech

#18 Post by wistech »

Thats absurd that they had to do that. Our entire fleet of diesels are still pouring oil onto the highways from the road draft tubes and they are worried about what might come out of a quads vent tube. By the way if you have oil coming out of your vent tube you might have a leaking crank seal or cartidge plate seal. Even though the plate might be tight I have seen plenty that still leak just a little at the top . It enough to let air through but since very little oil is there almost no oil will come with it. Its easily caught during case pressure testing.

jwheat

#19 Post by jwheat »

I split this thread in two because it had gotten way off subject. The rest of this thread is under "Crank Plate Leak".

Craig_C

#20 Post by Craig_C »

Fuel Regulator Problems

I have some fuel coming out of the vacuum port on my reg. Is this normal or do I have a leaker?