ECU Diag USB Cable

Canniboomer

ECU Diag USB Cable

#1 Post by Canniboomer »

This thread will introduce the new "smart" cable developed by kdxboy and 02Cannibal. The cable will use use the new Software being created by several key members of this website; 02Cannibal deserves a ton of credit, and has set up a slick new website to support the users of this cable. Software tweaks are ongoing, and badvox is on the case regularly. The website details will be announced soon.

A nice mold for the cable-potting is being contributed by X440andover.

The software will be offered for free, and can be easily downloaded from the new site. Only the hardware will actually be sold.

The first batch of cables will be finished soon. The price of these first nine cables is $129, with free shipping for the first nine buyers (beta testers!). We prefer these initial cables go to experienced D&M users who can make valid comparisons between the two setups, and maybe post some feedback here and to the new website forum. The software will be periodically updated. Kdxboy is building some versatility into this cable to accomodate future software features.

About 5 of the first 9 are already spoken for, but the following members had expressed some interest to get one of these:

dmac10
Derno24
jwheat
smitty911
cdaleman440
guthrie08
did I miss somebody?

If any of you mentioned here want one, we have about 4 more available. If you want one, just confirm directly to my email pacrimdm@msn.com
When they are ready to ship, I will send a paypal invoice, You don't need to prepay, that's just your option. After the initial test batch, the price will remain at $129, plus added shipping.

The updated USB convenience will be great, with the added bonus of the smart-cable that saves your settings profile INSIDE the cable.
As for the software, others can speak to that, but the main benefits are universal talking to multiple ECU's, Map editing, and no worries about expiration.

Other features will follow, mainly hardware-related to utilize the MC1000 features of LED Lights, Map Switching, and On-The Fly Tuning.

azcannibal

Nice!

#2 Post by azcannibal »

I want one but I will follow your direction and let experienced D&M users get the first batch or so. If noone takes one then I will take one along with your air intake mod.

Thanks,

Stace

Derno24

#3 Post by Derno24 »

Hmmmmm, put me down for mine as I will take it. Just let me know where to send money!!!smile.gif

dsracer666

#4 Post by dsracer666 »

is this setup going to be compatable with the ATK's?

badvox

#5 Post by badvox »

Originally posted by dsracer666
is this setup going to be compatable with the ATK's?

dsracer666

The ATK part is being worked on right now. I cant give you an exact day but once I am past this one hurdle it will basically be done immediately following. There is just this one hurdle after that they are pretty much the same.

Just to reassure you I have an ATK VR myself so the motivation is definitely there!!

~mike

Smitty911

I have to bow out

#6 Post by Smitty911 »

I want one, but as I have yet to do anything with an ECU my contribution at this point would be meaningless.

Please put me on the list for when they are ready.

Smitty

Jctmotorsports

#7 Post by Jctmotorsports »

I would like to help, but not sure how much I could be. I could teach many here about the way the 1000 operates, what it "sees" how it reacts, BUT, I am not very good with software. I assume that is what testing is going on, software testing. If you would like me to help call me at 219-775-2810
Thanx for your time,
Chuck

Canniboomer

#8 Post by Canniboomer »

Thanks Chuck! That's a great support offer. We hope you get some calls from new users......like ME!

Derno, Smitty, azcannibal - your comments noted, thanks. biggrin.gif

Derno24

#9 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by Canniboomer
Derno, Smitty, azcannibal - your comments noted, thanks. biggrin.gif

You know I want one right? Cause I do! I am also very literate in the ways of the Jedi.........Computer!smile.gif

Canniboomer

#10 Post by Canniboomer »

Yep,

C27, ******, Derno24(mmmm beer), & R.Porter confirmed so far from this site.

any others for now? just let me know here or pacrimdm@msn.com