ECU Diag USB Cable

Canniboomer

#11 Post by Canniboomer »

The ECU Diag website is up and running.

More work is being done to enable downloads, etc.

Note the direct-to-forum link on the site will not work via a click from here, but you can click one at a time for now to get an early idea, and even register on the forum.

website www.ecudiag.com

forum www.ecudiag.com/forum

Canniboomer

#12 Post by Canniboomer »

bump

rubicon20032003

#13 Post by rubicon20032003 »

I'll take one.How long is the cable? I need something like 30 feet long to get out my window.I can't get my dealer cal to work right. bad power supply in ladtop .So I can do throttle cal? I have map select it will work with it? Whats your paypal? Do you want payed now?When will it be ready?Can you make me a longer cable or what shoilud i buy? Tom

Canniboomer

#14 Post by Canniboomer »

I'll get answers on the cable length. You can extend the range with an aftermarket USB cable extension, available anywhere (we think) this could easily be verified soon.

Compatibilty with existing Optimum hardware? yes. But I'll let kdxboy and 02Cannibal confirm that again. Your status lights, map select, and rider trim would still work the same I believe. This cable and software is just an alternate means of talking to the Sagem 1000 when doing adjustments, calibrating, mapping etc. To get quicker detailed answers you can visit the forum.

Not ready to take payments yet, but confirm by clicking the email link above, thanks.

rubicon20032003

#15 Post by rubicon20032003 »

Find out on cable I'll need and were to buy one and what kind and map select.I emailed you on taking one.then email me what you find out grizzly@iup.edu

badvox

#16 Post by badvox »

Originally posted by rubicon20032003
I'll take one.How long is the cable? I need something like  30 feet long to get out my window.I can't get my dealer cal to work right. bad power supply in ladtop .So I can do throttle cal? I have map select it will work with it? Whats your paypal? Do you want payed now?When will it be ready?Can you make me a longer cable or what shoilud i buy? Tom

Whoa whoa whoa...

You cannot run a 30' USB cable. Max length without any boost of signalling is 10' beyond that its your guess and the results are undefined.

For that matter a serial cable wont work at that length either.

Where on earth do you live and what kind of laptop? Dont you have the power cable for the laptop? Run an electrical extension cord and take your laptop downstairs.

~mike

rubicon20032003

#17 Post by rubicon20032003 »

My labtop is junk.I want to use my dell desktop for now.And run cord out window.Can't i use a powdered usb entender.They say their good for 65 feet?

Canniboomer

#18 Post by Canniboomer »

That's untested territory -- but you could try buying one from a big outfit that would let you return it.... but who would be doing the keystrokes? and who is fiddling with the bike? Or, do you just want the exercise?! :comp:

badvox

#19 Post by badvox »

As long as its a conditioned cable like that but I have never tested one.

daves point is good. Its up to you but who is going to help?

Can you please have someone video tape this for us? :drink:

mike