Clutch Adjust/throttle Cal

440rider

Clutch Adjust/throttle Cal

#1 Post by 440rider »

Just had my engine worked on (will post on the great experience and the work done shortly) My first ride I noticed my bike pulls in first gear without any throttle..not just a pull but i can ride up hills etc. I tried to adjust the clutch tightened all the way up and loosened it out as well and the bike will still run when in first gear beyond a normal roll. Cold there be too much pull on the throttle cable or could my Throttle position be calibrated wrong? I just re-did throttle cal and maybe my throttle closed offset wasnt fully closed or seated. Does anyone have a suggestion on what could be causing this or have the similar situation. Could it be the clutch or clutch adjustment....any other ideas????
-Tks

TucsonCannibal

#2 Post by TucsonCannibal »

When you are sitting there in neutral, does it idle excessivly high? And did you mess with clutch during the engine build? If so, make sure the the clutches and steels were put back in the right order.

Easy E

#3 Post by Easy E »

Are you saying with the clutch lever pulled in the bike will roll in gear? If so, could be clutch adjustment, or improper install. Also, that can be caused by dry clutch plates - how long were the friction disks out during rebuild and were they soaking in tranny oil while sitting?

440rider

#4 Post by 440rider »

clutch adjustment was way off. i redid all calibrations this weekend and adjusted the clutch till I found the sweet spot...up and running. Tks!