Need help for project

Mapping discussions
azcannon

#11 Post by azcannon »

I cannot type all the things I have read about the TS setting but I am sure about a couple of things
1 I don't know exactly what it does
2 I haven't read anything from anybody that has taught me what it does exactly in relation to a accelerator pump/ vs quicker throttle response, I do believe the higher ts settings ( 150 ) are easier to tune in and make them more rideable and it isn't really necessary to have a much lower number.

I lowered mine and raised them back up to get them nice again particularly in junky terrain where a lot of throttle changes are required.

I can see where the offset and the flow are vital to change but I can't see why its necessary to change the ts setting. I am not saying it isn't either but for me its not necessary.

CptHook

#12 Post by CptHook »

Thanks guys, this is all very helpful. Ill be sure to report the grade I get on this presentation/research paper once all is said and done. :deal:

CptHook

#13 Post by CptHook »

I also read in the D&M manual adjustment for Throttle body leakage or offset, is this TS or something different?

cannondale27

#14 Post by cannondale27 »

Throttlebody leakage and offset are two different settings.You know what would really help all of us is for you to interview Scooter at Optimum.I bet he would do it.You have a lot of good questions that really none of us are totally clear on effects of some of adjustment in D&M.Would really like to know specifics such as Throttlebody leakage.What values would you adjust it by and effect?Cold start fuel mass same question,Begining of injection map,Will add more if I can.

CptHook

#15 Post by CptHook »

Well I have to give the presentation today, but I can still talk with this guy about it at some point when I get some time if you think it will be helpful to everyone. Ill just give him all the questions Ive asked plus any you would like as well. Ill be honest though, Im no expert on mapping by any means as you can tell, so I may not understand what he is telling me, but I'll write it down or type it out anyways and let you guys interpret it. If you guys have an email address for him that would be even better, then I could write up a small form email with all the questions and send it to him as a student doing a case study. I know with other case studies I've done with companies, I usually get much better info from emails than I do over the phone. This is mainly because it gives the person more time to think out the answer rather than putting them on the spot, plus it's already written out!

cannondale27

#16 Post by cannondale27 »

Thats a really good idea.

fig

#17 Post by fig »

Originally posted by cannondale27
Really are you guys sure about that?Never ntoiced any AFR changes when changing TS setting and was always told it is respose ECU has to throttle input in time.

I thought that the TS was controlled the response by changing the timing.
This is a quote off of Cannondaler from Tim (kdxboy)

"About the T/S - higher numbers are gonna inject more fuel to slow down throttle response. A 110 setting is probably right around the best ratio for best power and torque (which is not the same as stoichemetric). Since you don't want to change the power charecteristics by going lean they add fuel to richen it up and create less power. There are also settings in the maps for Deceleration transients as well as acceleration. In addition to the transient settings there are "decay multiplier" settings as well that tune how long the extra fuel is added to the system."

http://forums.cannondaler.com/viewtopic.ph...ght=sensitivity

I have changed just my TS and gone from 110 to 150 and my motor did not bog.

61austin

#18 Post by 61austin »

Originally posted by cannondale27
Really are you guys sure about that?Never ntoiced any AFR changes when changing TS setting and was always told it is respose ECU has to throttle input in time.

I wouldn't think that there would be much change in AFR since the only time the TS setting affects anything is when the throttle is moving. On dyno runs the throttle is snapped open so there is only a split second that it is moving.

cannondale27

#19 Post by cannondale27 »

This is some interesting tidbits.Lot to learn about our systems for sure.

azcannon

#20 Post by azcannon »

Originally posted by fig

I have changed just my TS and gone from 110 to 150 and my motor did not bog.

I don't know if its the same as mine but I ride a bike alot and can't tell you how frustrating it is when it misses some strokes after going through or while taking a turn and you give it gas and it bogs , really makes the turn slow and sometimes scary when the throttle kicks in and your all over the place