Wiring Harness Update

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
CptHook

Wiring Harness Update

#1 Post by CptHook »

Looking for some opinions here, as some of you may know I am now beginning to reassemble my quad. I was looking at the wiring harness update that Brad offers, Im considering getting one since I have the motor out now, and this will be the easiest time to change it over. Im curious of how many have done this, is it worth the money to do it now? Or should I just wait til my stock harness goes, if it goes at all?

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

I did it on one of mine.I liked it but is a lot of extra wiring.It does not replace the stock wiring harness.

CptHook

#3 Post by CptHook »

oh, so how does it work exactley then?

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

The fan and most importantly the fuel pump are directly driven by the ECU.What this does is add relays to drive the fan and fuel pump so your ECU is protected from any spikes or shorts.Kind of a insurance thing.Pop a fuse rather than a ECU if something goes wrong.

speed2424

#5 Post by speed2424 »

I have added one of the harnesses to my quad also. If your ECU fuel circuit is fried, this harness will stop the fuel pump from running ALL THE TIME. I got it for the insurance part, myself. I have read somewhere that the fan will run faster with the harness installed. I don't know if this is true or not, YET.

haydug

#6 Post by haydug »

I have one on one of my bikes. I like the extra insurance, but I don't like the extra gob of wires.
I know of a couple of people capable of disecting a stock harness, removing alot of the junk, adding the relays, and making it alot neater than stock. However, getting them to do it is a pain. I would just call up Brad, and have one shipped.

kdeal

#7 Post by kdeal »

I heard a little birdie tell me Brad has got some new harness' coming that maybe a few $ cheaper. Give him a call for details and see if this is true or not.

:deal:

I'm with Doug on this and wish there weren't so many wires involved. Maybe we can get Brad's supplier to work on the harness instead.

smile.gif

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes that would be nice.

claas900

#9 Post by claas900 »

Originally posted by haydug
I have one on one of my bikes. I like the extra insurance, but I don't like the extra gob of wires.
I know of a couple of people capable of disecting a stock harness, removing alot of the junk, adding the relays, and making it alot neater than stock. However, getting them to do it is a pain. I would just call up Brad, and have one shipped.

How this,stock left mine right with harnees upgrade

wanablaze

#10 Post by wanablaze »

Well done! Is everything functional?

If I sent you a new harness and one of Brads adaptors, how much would it cost to have it cleaned up like yours?