new engine.

walsh450rmx21

#11 Post by walsh450rmx21 »

idk i hope it is..
its a hydro clutch so i think its newer..
but yea i applied to be ur myspace freind..
and thanks for the info..

CDaleChick

#12 Post by CDaleChick »

the 02s with the cable clutch are the older, earlier models. so you probably have one of the later 02s... doing a few updates wouldnt hurt but I wouldnt go all out with that motor just yet. smile.gif just my $2 lol

walsh450rmx21

#13 Post by walsh450rmx21 »

o yea i got one question..
wtf i look at pics of them with seats off and all..
were the **** is the aribox..
do they not have filters and such..
i mean if so this is a major plus to me..

61austin

#14 Post by 61austin »

Originally posted by walsh450rmx21
o yea i got one question..
wtf i look at pics of them with seats off and all..
were the **** is the aribox..
do they not have filters and such..
i mean if so this is a major plus to me..

It is under the front plastic.

Happyboy

#15 Post by Happyboy »

Little money in the motor now will save you tons of trouble and money later.

haydug

#16 Post by haydug »

Drop it and ship it up here: 2 week turnaround time.

Falicon: $850
use your stock piston kit: Makes it a true 450cc
stage 8 $115
gaskets/bearings: $115
labor: $300

Shipping back to you $85
Buy a cooler to ship it in.

CptHook

#17 Post by CptHook »

There you go ^^^

Personally I never had any problems with my Dale but I tore it down anyways to have stage 8 and a Z bearing and while the motor was already out, had it stroked, new valves and springs and a couple more goodies coming up too. Unfortunatley Falicon fell on thier face back when I originally pulled my motor, so instead of two weeks I ended up waiting 6 months and in the end with a Timbo stroker. You never really know with these machines, to be honest I think I could have run my machine the way it was for a while with no problems and not be out of a year + riding like I am now, but it wasnt worth it to me to risk all the money I had ALREADY put into it in other stuff besides my motor, and then have the motor go on me and be up Sh1ts creek. At the very least I would say do the stage 8, motor mount, and z bearing, at least then you can rest easy and only be out a few hundred. If you have the extra flow and time, I would say go the whole nine yards and get the crank and valves/springs too while everything is readily available so you dont end up in a situation like I had, lack of available parts. All in all I am very happy that things ended up working out and I will always still trust Doug without a doubt when it comes to my dale.

walsh450rmx21

#18 Post by walsh450rmx21 »

well..
im going to ride it some.
then im going to pull the motor and do a beaing and a stage 8.
i just gotta wait till i get the cash together..

unless youll wanna give me a free one.... yea right lol..
but i'll get it done.

Exodus

#19 Post by Exodus »

I'm in the same situation as CdaleChick, my motor has better than 200 hrs on it. Its an early 02 with a cable clutch with NO updates besides the front motor mount. I burned up a clutch two weeks ago and noticed the timing chain is on the loose side. I'm going to pull her down and biuld it back with a new billet crank with a Z-400 bearing. The only mod I did on the motor was advance the cams. And thats the best mod I could suggest you do, huge increase on the bottom and it takes A LOT to hit the rev limiter. Wistech is the man to talk to about that. I ended up riding mine about a year just the it was when I bought it, now I have the money and the parts are tested and trued, so I think I'm going to biuld it back to new. Besides, I cant wait to see what a 200 hr crank looks like, its going to be a lot of fun biulding this motor.

walsh450rmx21

#20 Post by walsh450rmx21 »

thats kool..
well after i ride it im going to.
pull the motor. send it for brad or doug.
get a stage 8 and a bearing..
then probibly do the cam..