Tweaking maps on the Falicon 468 (Armoks)

Mapping discussions
azcannon

Tweaking maps on the Falicon 468 (Armoks)

#1 Post by azcannon »

Well tonite I started mapping my speed and like the title says it has a falicon with a wiseco 450 piston and a boomer uni , stock head and a 10" FMF on a 03 header.
I want to use a blaze speed map for the break in and switch over to a moto speed when I have changed some oil a time or two. I put in a blaze speed stroker map I found on here and it ran ok and backfired once on startup and the offset is 1.0 and the flow is 2300 well it has a hard lope and I don't know where to go from here , I lowered the offset to .93 to see if the idle smoothed out and not at all then my neighbor gave me the 37 porch light flash signal because its 9:30 and his kids are trying to sleep. I am going to lean out the flow to 2400 and see how that changes it tommorrow and try and ride it But I am all ears if anyone had any suggestions. I chose the map because of the added fuel in the map to compensate for the stroker I hope that was the right thing to do.
****** did you ever get that intake and try it out?

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

If thats one that I posted it is made for a ported motor.Could still be too rich.Where is your throttle position% at 2200rpm?Have you done a throttle cal?Sometimes changing maps checking wrong boxes you can lose the correct settings for throttle cal.Otherwise try one of ****** maps which should be leaner.If you get one to work let me know and I can put fuel settings from map that works for you into a Blaze speed and motospeed map.

azcannon

#3 Post by azcannon »

the mototspeed map that was in it ran pretty smooth except I am a little afraid of lean spots in the map

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

Its really not for me to say how yours is running.Only way to know for sure is dyno or AFR meter or trust your plug readings.

azcannon

#5 Post by azcannon »

I am going to try and use a regular map instead of a animals map tonite or another stroker map but not a stocker or a ported and see if I can get it running right.

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

I havent tried it so cant say for sure but I see no reason you couldnt run a stock map and just adjust your offset and flow to get about a 4% throttle position.Or keep lowering offset til you get a decent idle. .93 is still fairly rich depending on your stock settings.

acarli3

#7 Post by acarli3 »

I have to agree with 27....Keep lowering the offset. We've found the strokers don't like much fuel on the low RPM range.

azcannon

#8 Post by azcannon »

I appreciate the input , I am running a blaze speed with 2300 and .93 offset , idle is 3.2 runs really smooth and not jumpy at idle , I think I am rich and that is what I want because I want to break it in before putting in my favorite map the moto/speed then I will go more nuts trying to dial it in for perfect burn.

****** I am welding the bungs in a couple of headpipes I have made up for the gauge type meter , but I still am having trouble finding the best gauge to permanently mount ,
funny thing is the bikes are easy to just throw on a dyno in phoenix , its the quads that are a pain in the butt to find a inexpensive place to do it. ( or any place right now )

azcannon

#9 Post by azcannon »

I would really appreciate your specs on your 468 again ****** for reference. and I moved my offset lower and got scared I was leaning it out so I chickened to raise my idle back up . I probably need to talk to you soon to get a lesson.

turbospeed440

#10 Post by turbospeed440 »

i did a stroker crank and bigger piston kit 468cc plus i did a port and polish. and bored out throttle body. everybody is right the stroker kits dont like a lot of fuel at idle and lowend. The right way to ajust the offest is to:

1) start the quad warm it up
2) set the idle at 21-2300. turn off engine
3) then start lowering the offest value. by .01-.02 ( if its .88 go to .87 or .86). then send it in.
4) open the monitor page and start engine.
5) if the idle goes up lower it back to 21-2300 and repeat untill the idle become eratic . then go back up .01-.02 and thats it you are at optime setting