HELP! Need remapping quick

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
harleypitbull1

HELP! Need remapping quick

#1 Post by harleypitbull1 »

I have two engines that made it back from Timbomoose yesterday. One is a 468, the other a stroker 450. We are supposed to leave for a trip to go riding on christmas day. We need to remap these and the dealer that usual does this for us, their laptop has crashed. She gave us the software to load but it told us to call Optima. I did and guess what, closed for the holidays. I am located in middle TN, and was wondering if anyone could help. Willing to do whatever it takes. Any information will be appreciated.:eek:

61austin

#2 Post by 61austin »

Which software is it? If it is dealer cal you shouldn't need Optima for anything. If it is just the regular d@m then you will need the authorization code for each ecu, and optimum is the only place that I know of to get them.

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

Even with dealer cal it would only work on the laptop that crashed.Only hope is to find someone close who would be willing to swap ECU's with you so the codes match.

jesshamner

#4 Post by jesshamner »

Where are you going? If you're coming near Louisville, I would be glad to loan you an ecu for the trip.

harleypitbull1

#5 Post by harleypitbull1 »

Thanks for the help guys but we have had to borrow quads to go to Florida. We got them together last night but cant get them remapped. The software is dealer cal but the laptop did crash and that is the problem. The software would not load on my laptop. From what I have heard, Optima will probably not give the dealer that had this the authorization to turn it back on because they have not used it in so long. I think I am just going to order a normal D&M from someone and have it shippped quickly so I can have them ready for next weekend. I would like to have the new software that the guys on the site are working on but unfortunately I am very impatient and ready to ride. Thanks for the help. Only sad thing is that I am gonna be on a Honda and not on the dale but hopefully next weekend, we will get Timbo's strokers in action against those Hondas and show em whos boss. Thanks alot TIM

Happyboy

#6 Post by Happyboy »

where are you going on your trip? Maybe one of us can help you out.

harleypitbull1

#7 Post by harleypitbull1 »

This will sound nuts, but I am not exactly sure. We are going to like three different riding parks in Florida. I know the second is near Daytona. We are riding mostly woods courses but the last day they are riding motocross. I am way to fat to be in the air. But thanks for the help.

Happyboy

#8 Post by Happyboy »

Doh...opposite way to me. Ah well.