Sectioned Head check it out

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
T-Rex

#11 Post by T-Rex »

Man I was hoping to do a lot of work in the bowl area. After looking at how close the water jacket is on the intake ports thats out of the question..:confused:

Smitty911

Wow,

#12 Post by Smitty911 »

That's going to be hard to fix. A guy at my work could probably get it back together for you, but it's going to be expensive.sad.gif

Good info, just another reason I don't own a dremel.

Smitty

azcannon

Re: Wow,

#13 Post by azcannon »

Originally posted by Smitty911
That's going to be hard to fix.  A guy at my work could probably get it back together for you, but it's going to be expensive.sad.gif

Good info, just another reason I don't own a dremel.

Smitty

Betcha he couldn't , note the sraight cut through the valve guide :wow

Yay Bob Villa

seriously I sold a quad to this guy and I am so glad he took on this project , It had to be a pain in the butt

NRath

Re: Re: Wow,

#14 Post by NRath »

Originally posted by azcannon
It had to be a pain in the butt

Not really, We've got a monster band saw here at work that wouldn't have any problem laying that thing open!

That's pretty cool that you had one split, though! I guess it's safe to assume the head was already wasted, right?!! Kinda' looks like a port job would vary from head to head. How could you be consistent with that long, curving intake throat and the exhaust side would only be a little easier? Seems like I saw somewhere there's a gritty paste that can be forced through the chambers, but I was thinking that was for polishing.

Mjollnir

Re: Re: Re: Wow,

#15 Post by Mjollnir »

Originally posted by NRath
Seems like I saw somewhere there's a gritty paste that can be forced through the chambers, but I was thinking that was for polishing.

It's called "Extrude Hone". It can be used for intake or exhaust, it smooths things out nicely. It used to be popular among those running claimer engines in short track racing, and those required to run stock manifolds based on racing class. Not sure if they still do it.

Great post AZ!

Marc

MX Quad Dad

#16 Post by MX Quad Dad »

Hey AZ, is there any way you can get a diameter of the intake runners?

cannondale27

#17 Post by cannondale27 »

I really like having this sectioned head handy.Questions.

azcannon

#18 Post by azcannon »

If you guys mx quad dad and Cannondae27 want and will cover shipping I will send you each a section of this head , I have 3.
This offer is invitation only
Mx which point do you want by th throtle body / narrowest point ? which part

cannondale27

#19 Post by cannondale27 »

Thanks.What do you think of area I have marked there?

azcannon

#20 Post by azcannon »

Kinda weird how they are All dull there , this head was out of KRASH's race moto , I bought it for 50 bucks. He should get some credit for killing it !
I took a bunch more pictures but won't resize and post til later tonight