My dale vs. my YFZ

banzairx7

#11 Post by banzairx7 »

Fuel inject it biggrin.gif

That will solve the problem. You just never get the throttle response of EFI with a carb. The guy I ride with most has ridden my dale a couple times, He has a YFZ. He's always amazed at the low end and throttle response.

T-Rex

YFZ mods

#12 Post by T-Rex »

OK, first off get the YZ450 dirtbike needle, second clip from the bottom, 170mj(not Dyno Jet main), 45pj, 2 1/2 turns on the idle screw, fuel systems intake kit, and the cam mod should be all you need to do. What exhaust system are you using. Sparks etc.

acarli3

#13 Post by acarli3 »

We put in a K&N with race intake, piped, cam mod, and zip-ty air screw and it really make a HUGE difference over stock.

440rider

#14 Post by 440rider »

I'm running a Full sparks system, k&n intake (no airboxlid w/ outerwear over airbox), zip ty fuel screw..kept falling out..(I fixed that issue), 170 MJ-45 pilot.

I'm getting the cam mod this week (keeping my fingers crossed it helps),the resistor kit to drop the lights and plannig to mod the throttle spring..

http://www.mansellracing.com/Mods/CarbSpringMod.aspx

anyone have info on the leak jets I heard they play a good part in the throttle response. Stock is 50 I heard of going to a 35.

cannondale27

#15 Post by cannondale27 »

Do like Haydug said and time the accelerator pump.I had to back mine off 3/4turn.Makes a big diff on throttle response when the stream isnt hitting the slide!Cam mod also works wonders.Thing I do not like about YFZ is temp changes can really mess with your jetting.Days of just a main jet change for winter are over.That Edelbrock might be worth a try in that area though.