Take the Falicon chalange.

timbomoose

#21 Post by timbomoose »

I think the thing wistech is trying to do is to get the max power out of all motor setups out there. A consistant difference has been found in some areas of the powerband and trying to find out why.There are alot of factors that come in play that can be making this all a coincidence.There's no doubt the falicon is making power gains over stock.Just need to figure out why they have been dynoing a little low in some areas and what can be done to get max performance throughout the powerband.

cannondale27

#22 Post by cannondale27 »

QUOTE (haydug @ Jan 30 2007, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
NO WAY!!!! I have read it from the "all mighty, all godly, all wisdom, all cannondale knowing" crew that 50 h.p. is NOT possible from an engine with a falicon crank. And you must know that anything they say/believe must be the whole truth and nothing but the truth. If you prove them wrong, you will be sentenced to 20 lashing, and 1 week in the corner with NO cannondaleriders priveliges! ohmy.gif

Up until now NOBODY with a Falicon has POSTED a chart showing 50hp or more.Recently we heard there were quite a few that did break 50hp till its posted I dont care.If they are posted you wouldn't get lashings.You would get Congratulations and a admital that wow I was was wrong they can pull over 50hp!This is all Happyboys fault for not posting.And Sandstorms fault for not believing in a open filter. tongue.gif

timbomoose

#23 Post by timbomoose »

There's nothing neg. about this post. Actually its very positive.Wistech has noticed some areas with the falicon that have been down on power and is trying to find out how to get the most out of the motor.I have also noticed the same when dynoing.I have put at least a half a dozen falicons in peoples motors and consider the falicons to be a performance upgrade. There's no doubt they make more power over stock.The thing being discussed is how to make up for the areas that have been a little low for simular modded motors.Since it may be caused from pulling air differently, which is a know from the different length rod, cam timing may be the key.We have both tryed retarding the cams which works good on the other setup, time to go the other direction to see what happens.

Sandstorm

#24 Post by Sandstorm »

I'll be in Glamis. Any strokers coming?? I wanted the 505 to show up. I am anxious to run against another stroker of any size.. I'll build a custom map here in a month or so when I have some cash to see what improvements I can find..

cannondale27

#25 Post by cannondale27 »

And I bet you will be over 50 hp even with a Falicon.

wistech

#26 Post by wistech »

Yes I think Henry just needs to finish off the package to bring out the full potential in his quad. Just a slight mod and some tuning .
I started this post to get some help and hopefully some answers for this engine. I want this engine to haul just like all the others. Im sure there are many others that want some answers to.

claas900

#27 Post by claas900 »

This is nothing new,but it might help ppl understand strokers better. I love seeing a running pic of the moveing parts. http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2003/09/stroker/

timbomoose

#28 Post by timbomoose »

"I'll be in Glamis. Any strokers coming?? I wanted the 505 to show up. I am anxious to run against another stroker of any size.. I'll build a custom map here in a month or so when I have some cash to see what improvements I can find.."

I'd love to go but would never happen for feb.No funds and no time.Hopefully will be able to make it out there again sometime this year was a blast last time.Get your's all tuned in and you'll definately find some untapped power.Getting rid of the box really unleashes the power.If you want to go against the latest version of the 495 or 505 you're gonna need all the help you can get .Lol!

Good article class900.Anyone wanting to know rod percentages:
timbo +2.2 1.677
falicon +2.4 1.653
falicon +5mm 1.55
timbo +6mm 1.6

Happyboy

#29 Post by Happyboy »

timbomoose

#30 Post by timbomoose »

Now does it mean we have to stop harrassing you?lol.