Take the Falicon chalange.

Speed 1B

#11 Post by Speed 1B »

Hate to burst your bubble but im about 53 Horse with a Falicon and gonna be hopefully pushing 60 in a few weeks.

Mjollnir

#12 Post by Mjollnir »

QUOTE (haydug @ Jan 30 2007, 08:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
NO WAY!!!! I have read it from the "all mighty, all godly, all wisdom, all cannondale knowing" crew that 50 h.p. is NOT possible from an engine with a falicon crank. And you must know that anything they say/believe must be the whole truth and nothing but the truth. If you prove them wrong, you will be sentenced to 20 lashing, and 1 week in the corner with NO cannondaleriders priveliges! ohmy.gif

Different dyno. wink.gif

wistech

#13 Post by wistech »

Well the dyno sheets show it. Speed1b. The utah boys, Happyboys. All several ponies short of where they should be. Its the torque too not just the hp. Remember Kdeals from the group ride out on the mx track. Theres no way you would believe that was a stroker. We still need to tune that one in some more.

GDITheman

#14 Post by GDITheman »

Is this an issue with the short rod falicons or all the falicons? tim just put the correct rod in my falicon when he rebuilt my engine. I thought the no engine with a JE piston broke 50 hp. Now it's engines with falicons?

J. Delaney

#15 Post by J. Delaney »

I think it would be interesting to have Tim build a Falicon crank with the exact same rod dimension as his own stroker crank. That would end the speculation over rod length.

claas900

#16 Post by claas900 »

QUOTE (J. Delaney @ Jan 30 2007, 11:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think it would be interesting to have Tim build a Falicon crank with the exact same rod dimension as his own stroker crank. That would end the speculation over rod length.

Yeah I agree.

timbomoose

#17 Post by timbomoose »

"I think it would be interesting to have Tim build a Falicon crank with the exact same rod dimension as his own stroker crank. That would end the speculation over rod length."

" I thought the no engine with a JE piston broke 50 hp. Now it's engines with falicons?"

I would like to try the different legths and see what happens.The biggest difference I have been finding is just a little less bottom end torque.Not really as much on peak.I know of 3 falicons that I ported and were dynoed that all broke 50 hp on different dynos. 1 449,1 468,and 1 478.2 that I know of were down on torque a tad, more so on the 478.I don't know what happyboy got for torque.Have run same set ups same days on the same dyno and have been down just a couple ft lbs of torque mainly on bottom end.Hp not so much.I really can't see why there's been a difference,because in all honesty everything is very close.The Je pistons were down on only peak hp.The reason was found out.Too many gas ports and too big causing ring drag(like putting on the brakes) this is also what was causing cylinder scarring and another reason for the je being down on power was the piston dome had too much clearance (about .03 most pistons run .02-.025).As of know no je ever broke 50 hp except the 505 while many stock bore pistons have,but mid range and bottom end was stronger with the Je.Happyboy are you really going to post your charts you've been saying that for almost a year now.Nudge..nudge....nudge....

Happyboy

#18 Post by Happyboy »

YES!! as soon as i get home tongiht!! smile.gif

timbomoose

#19 Post by timbomoose »

Here's some charts from what I've seen.These were all done on the same dyno same day.Light blue 467 open air setup fmf pipe 12.5-1 cp piston timbo +2.2.Red 495 open air setup fmf full timbo+6mm 12.5-1 cp piston,green speed1b 478 falicon 2.4mm 14-1 wwe piston hmf full,dark blue same 467 with airbox.If you look at bottom end torque compared to the 467 open air to the 6mm 495 torque is very close until 5500-6000 rmp.Even though the 6mm has a longer rod than the 2.2, percentage of rod to crank is less on the 6mm.Which gives a good indication of what might be the cause.A couple of things that also might be a factor on this comparison is that the 478 might not yet have been broken in,head was not able to port identical because was touched before but very close,cam timing was also different by 1-2 degress which also could be a factor,might have been more wheel slippage from different tires,and also I don't think speed1b's had any packing in his silencer that could have hurt performance.I have run full hmf on other same setup motors and got same torque.We'll be redynoing speed1b's and hopefully all was just a coincidence.

wistech

#20 Post by wistech »

QUOTE (GDITheman @ Jan 30 2007, 12:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is this an issue with the short rod falicons or all the falicons? tim just put the correct rod in my falicon when he rebuilt my engine. I thought the no engine with a JE piston broke 50 hp. Now it's engines with falicons?

The falicons were down in numbers from the equvalent strokers not below 50hp. Thats the JE 450 pistons that could not break 50.

As you can see from just that one chart something is awry. I wonder if we should go ahead and bump up the compresion to compensate for the low torque. Didnt really want to buy a new piston though.