Supporting our Cannondale covergirl

wanablaze

#121 Post by wanablaze »

Still taking donations? Don't have a lot of money here, but I could send some change and parts...

Do you need any stock airfilters, number plates, or bumpers? I gotta see what else I've got here.

Tie rod ends?

CDaleChick

#122 Post by CDaleChick »

Originally posted by wanablaze
Still taking donations?  Don't have a lot of money here, but I could send some change and parts...

Do you need any stock airfilters, number plates, or bumpers?  I gotta see what else I've got here.

Tie rod ends?

yeah im still taking donations for parts. I only have one air filter...so having another could be helpful so I could start a rotation. PM me or IM me when you figure out all what you have

Oh and that cover is sooo awesome looking and all shiny!!!!! I like biggrin.gif Who is my secret admirer? tongue.gif Whoever it is...thankyou very much!

claas900

#123 Post by claas900 »

..If your going to run the stock air box,i have a few filters i could send you. I dont think id have anything else you could use?

wanablaze

#124 Post by wanablaze »

I've got a few filters here, they're yours!

I've got two stockers and two No Toils. Just pm me an addy. Thanx, wanablaze.

iceracer17

#125 Post by iceracer17 »

What are you running for a oil filter.If your not afraid to run a stainless i have an extra.

wistech

#126 Post by wistech »

Shes running a stainless with lots of magnets.

wistech

Oops I did it again

#127 Post by wistech »

biggrin.gif

Well after last weeks Rossier debockle I decided to go back to old faithfull Mikes Cycle . They helped out by giving me a great deal for the dyno money available. A big thanks for contributing dyno$ to Caniboomer ,Dalewannabe, KDeal and several others to be anounced as soon as I find the list.

The quad had but 5 minutes of runtime on it before going on the dyno so a thourough warmup was needed before the runs began. Right off the bat it pulled 44 HP on whatever settings came with it. 15 breakin runs showed about a horsepower gain as the rings seated.

Then the mapping began. I tried some stock maps ,then moto/speed, ****** map,moto,blaze/speed. The best it could pull was 46.78hp which I believe is the highest number ever for a stock bore /stock stroke.
All the stock based mapps had a huge rich problem from idle to 6,000 rpm. Dipping well below 10 afr. No fuel setting could get rid of it. I went down to .3 on the offset and still nothing.

Then we struck gold with a stroker map. The animals 128
The low end afr came back to reasonable margins and HP jumped to 47.48. Once settled on a map the airbox configuations were tested. With the quad horn and stock filter 45 was the peak.
With the bike horn power jumped to 47.73.
With a ported bike horn 48.05 was achieved .
Surprizingly the cyclone gave the hp same results as the ported bike horn but torque was about a half a pound higher. So it seems there is a limit to flow with the stock airbox.

Then all bets were off and it was time to see what this baby could do. I pulled the top off the airbox and placed the stock filter over the ported bike horn and left the cover off. Power went up to 48.43. Then a run without an air filter and just the cyclone delivered an amazing 49.49 with 29.61 ft ilbs of torque.

:wow Thats getting into stroker torque.
I was just hoping to match Matts numbers but I did a few tricks that I pulled on the St Anthonies head and it payed off big time.
Kara I apologize if this engine is to much for you but we can detune it easily enough for mx.

Heres the stock airbox with the stock quad velocity stack.

wistech

#128 Post by wistech »

Stock airbox ,ported bike stack, stock filter ,

wistech

#129 Post by wistech »

Stock airbox ,ported bike stack, stock filter ,

dalewannbe

#130 Post by dalewannbe »

Nice work!

I think Kara will be all biggrin.gif , when she gets to ride it.

It will be ready to pull some holeshots!