mounting front 250r plastic?

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
dsracer666

mounting front 250r plastic?

#1 Post by dsracer666 »

for the guy that have 250r kits how does the front plastic mount up? did you make you own mounting bracket? pics would be nice!

Psychosis

#2 Post by Psychosis »

I used my front fender wire mounts to make some custom ones. My R fenders are shaved so I just bent the wire mounts and cut them to fit so that I could put screws through the side of the hood. Works great and quick to remove. Only two bolts and the front's off. I use a zip-tie to hold the back part of the front fenders from spreading apart over the tank. (Yes, a heavy duty zip tie!)

I've got pics somewhere or will get new ones. I've seen like 4 different ways now though so somebody else is bound to comment.

theJeStEr1340

#3 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

Originally posted by Psychosis
I used my front fender wire mounts to make some custom ones. My R fenders are shaved so I just bent the wire mounts and cut them to fit so that I could put screws through the side of the hood. Works great and quick to remove. Only two bolts and the front's off. I use a zip-tie to hold the back part of the front fenders from spreading apart over the tank. (Yes, a heavy duty zip tie!)

I've got pics somewhere or will get new ones. I've seen like 4 different ways now though so somebody else is bound to comment.

Plese post some pics. I am going to be putting mine on this weekend.

cdalerider75

#4 Post by cdalerider75 »

You can find the photos here!!

http://www.cannondale central.com/forum/showthread.php?t=228

Take out the space between the cannondale and central.. seems like it is censored!!!

haydug

#5 Post by haydug »

There are so many ways to do this, that there is no right or wrong way to mount them. I have seen at least 10 250R dales, and 8 of them were mounted differently.

I used the factory fender brackets, with 1" spacers and they mounted perfrectly to the flat spot on the front fenders.

iceracer17

#6 Post by iceracer17 »

I believe he got a bunch of brackets from walsh when he bought the jigs.

dsracer666

#7 Post by dsracer666 »

I don't want to use bolts, I just want to slide it into place and use the strap like the stock 250r!

theJeStEr1340

#8 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

Originally posted by haydug
There are so many ways to do this, that there is no right or wrong way to mount them. I have seen at least 10 250R dales, and 8 of them were mounted differently.

I used the factory fender brackets, with 1" spacers and they mounted perfrectly to the flat spot on the front fenders.

I am thinking of doing this... possibly heating and bending them so I do not have to use spacers.

Are you familiar with Farrars conversion? I would like to know what the old fender bracket tab is mounted to under the gas tank.

Psychosis

#9 Post by Psychosis »

Originally posted by cdalerider75
You can find the photos here!!

http://www.cannondale central.com/forum/showthread.php?t=228

Take out the space between the cannondale and central.. seems like it is censored!!!

My mounting would be the pics of the red plastic Dale. I changed where I locate the rear zip tie now for the fronts but you get the idea. I've bent and lowered the front wires though also, but you get the idea.

jfarrar

#10 Post by jfarrar »

if you look up in the front jester you can see the bracket i made wherethe ecutray used to be.you could easily make a bracket like this to go under the tray.just another option for ya.best pic i can find