At last the dyno king is deafeated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cdale55

#1 Post by cdale55 »

At last the Dyno King Wistech has been dethroned. Today is the day a new all time high mark has been set by my Cannondale. Yes he can no longer brag about his St Anthonies quad. It will be playing 2nd fiddle to my CP piston powered Timbo stroked 468. Yes it was a good day. After some custom mapping by Cannondale 27 from a first run of 53 hp to the record breaking number of 56.72hp. By a wide margin Wistech was defeated by .32hp. biggrin.gif

Dyno sheet to be posted tommorrow.

PS Thanks Wistech on the all out effort to build me the bragging rights engine.

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Dingdong the king is gone biggrin.gif
Blue is cdale55
Red is Witech

There is more to be had with this new combo.I believe if we would have used the timing of the new maps we have.Annimals128 was used as base map since this motor wouldnt even start and run decently with Acarli27 map.New maps were made for Harley injectors this motor has stock injectors and 1000ECU.This motor does have the dreaded hesitation which Acarli27 map got rid of in others and Eliminator map with Harley injectors completely eliminated.I will tell you this.JE pistons make good ashtrays!

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

Also had the cam testing Silvertoad on the dyno.Wistech wanted 12500 rev limiter.Man you should have heard that thing scream!Dyno guy was scared running those rpm's laugh.gif
This quad had the worst AFR I have ever seen.I am thinking it was cams causing the wierd AFR.Got it okay.

Red 47.17 was where we started open filter and exhaust
Green 49.06 ended open filter and exhaust
Blue 45.41 ended filter and silentcore spent most time tuning this since is being run like this

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

Here is a big one for you Niel

wistech

#5 Post by wistech »

Bested by my own handywork yet again. Looks like C27 found the hidden mapping power alright. That motor couldnt break 50hp with the JE piston . Just a tad more porting ,degreeing the cams and a CP piston from Timbomoose equaled 7 more horse? Cool.

The moto was a big surprize. I didnt think it had that much power in it. Who needs motard gears when I can over rev 4th gear to 12,500 and keep pulling. Its the perfect trail motor. The dyno guy really did look scared when we backed away listening to that baby spool up. I tell ya we should have set it to 14,000 just see if the Timbo rod or ASSO piston would uninstall itself. LOL I told you it had a wierd weak midrange and then a hard hit around 8,000 and the torque chart showed it . A stock cam should bring the power up a little.

A huge thanks to the guys at Mike's Cycle for coming in after hours to help out.

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes Mikes is awesome.The dyno guy left his wife at hospital.They were in middle of having a kid.Really!

wistech

#7 Post by wistech »

Neils been strutting around like a peacock all morning. Now he wants to go to burger king just to get the kids meal crown.

GDITheman

#8 Post by GDITheman »

sweet news. i love hearing about the evolution of the cdale engine. maybe i'll dump my je piston on my next rebuild. i thought the je piston was the thing to get "back in the day". let the evolution continue!

cannondale27

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

We all did.Never has been easy OR cheap!

theJeStEr1340

#10 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

haha, awesome Job neil and wistech and Steve!