dales vs the 450s

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
flinter42

#1 Post by flinter42 »

i have rode the 450s and i was just wondering how the cannondales will run with them??? im looking to get one nd i have a 404 big bore banshee. i like jumpig and wheelies freestyle and racing how well do they do all these things?? any info u can give me would be fantastic

thanks

josh

jwheat

#2 Post by jwheat »

An equally modded Dale will outrun an equally modded Jap 450. Dales are also great XC and MX quads. The furthest SUCCESSFUL jump I've done with mine is 102 ft. Wheelies are very easy once you learn the balance point.

flinter42

#3 Post by flinter42 »

sounds great thats one **** of a jump!!!! thaks for the info

now are they hard to maintain and work on?? i dont know anythgin about them and want to make sure i m not getting my self into somthing thats going to be broke down all the timelikemy raptor was lol!!!!!

dalewannbe

#4 Post by dalewannbe »

If you get one with the updates, they are pretty reliable. If you get one with a z400 bearing, then I would say its just as reliable as any new 450 out there. Most of us die hards have done the updates and don't have any problems. Most of us also know how to address any thing that comes up. This site will help you fix any problems you have.

I have a couple dales that i race xc, one is still stock with zero motor problems, the other is a timbo stroker with a ported head. Also no problems, but a lot less hours on it.

If you can get a stroker that's what I recommend, it is so smooth and it has great power everywhere.

There are a couple members on here that are doing some radical things with these motors making crazy horsepower.

flinter42

#5 Post by flinter42 »

thanks for all the info.

but i was also wondering what dale u recomend. i dont know anything about them but i have heard alot of good things.

pictures would be a great help as well.

again thanks for all the info.

Sandstorm

#6 Post by Sandstorm »

I'll be honest w/ you. I'd move on to another machine, Dales require TLC and it sounds like you want to ride more then wrench. I like that idea also but don't mind wrenching or checking that things are all rosey.. To each his own..

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

Sandstorm how do you figure he isnt going to be wrenching with other quads?Will more than likely have to mod any of the 450's to race and they all have proven to be prone to failures if not updated and maintained on a regular basis.No exceptions.My advice if you dont want to wrench is maybe a 400ex with a axle,arms and suspension nothing more.Should hold up very well but will be lame.

MX Quad Dad

#8 Post by MX Quad Dad »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Sep 13 2006, 06:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sandstorm how do you figure he isnt going to be wrenching with other quads?Will more than likely have to mod any of the 450's to race and they all have proven to be prone to failures if not updated and maintained on a regular basis.No exceptions.My advice if you dont want to wrench is maybe a 400ex with a axle,arms and suspension nothing more.Should hold up very well but will be lame.

I agree....... plus if he is riding a big bore banshee, rideing like he says he likes to, I would imagin he dose a bit of wrenching on it.

Like I have said before, I did a lot more wrenching on our Banshee than both my dales put together

sillysspeed

#9 Post by sillysspeed »

Cannondale MOTO made for MX
" " BLAZE made for XC
" " GLAMIS made for sand
" " CANNIBAL entry level quad still bad!!
" " SPEED cannibal with options
" " FX 400 made in 2001 name changed to SPEED in 02

Had a banshee before and liked it alot but just had to have a CANNONDALE... Bought a SPEED and it does everything better than the banshee.

NRath

#10 Post by NRath »

You're gonna' wrench them all. Only problem with a 'dale is that you can't go to your buddies house that's been racing for 10 years and ask him what's wrong- he'd be clueless! But like someone said, the support you get from this site is incredible. Any problem can be solved and the people here now how to do it. The dale's can be great machines and have stronger stock frames than anything else made, period.

As for which model, doesn't really matter anymore. You're goint to be buying a used one and most of them have been modded in one way or another. Most Cannibals are built for xc or mx.

One things for sure about a 'dale- the price is right!! (unfortunately)