lowering of dale using the ohlins

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
atvrulz

lowering of dale using the ohlins

#1 Post by atvrulz »

I am new to racing and i am using a stock dale moto. On sundays when i line up to the gate, I notice alot of quads are lower to the ground than mine when using the elkas and the axis shocks. I am using the ohlins and I assume that i can lower the quad slightly if i adjust the spring height, but is there a way to get the quad to the height of my competition without having them professionally setup? Is this right? Why didn't the ohlins come originally with more variety in the way they are setup? I thought ohlins were the schit.

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Yea you really cant lower the Ohlins very much unless they are converted to a ZPS setup.All the major shock manufacturers will do this and Quadshop specializes in it.Ohlins on a moto are the schit at least for a ameteur.The seals and oil along with the quality of the shafts and everything else makes maintaining them much easier.Pretty much they are maintainence free for a couple seasons.A few have blown them out but it is rare.No hoses to break and the clickers are very adjustable only downside is the ride height and possibly weight.

atvrulz

#3 Post by atvrulz »

Ok, thank you for the response

JeffQuadShop

#4 Post by JeffQuadShop »

The Ohlins with the Elka SSD kit works very well!!!

Stock and converted....

JeffQuadShop

#5 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Under the bikes weight....

JeffQuadShop

#6 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Bike off the ground....

DangerRanger

#7 Post by DangerRanger »

Hey ATVRULZ, haven't talked to ya in a while. Have any problems getting the beast all put back together? Call Jeff, or Marty @ Quadshop, the SSD conversion is the $hit!! The Ohlins will shine with a little polish from the Quadshop!!

ben

moto50

elka conversion

#8 Post by moto50 »

How much is the conversion kit?

Thanks

atvrulz

#9 Post by atvrulz »

Hello Ben,
Yeah, thank you again for the information you gave me when putting my engine back into my chassis. My dale moto is running great. I just change tranny,engine oils and clean air filter very often. I have not decided yet on having my shocks adjusted, probably will though. Need to save up a little cash first though.

jake1981

#10 Post by jake1981 »

You can also just send those shocks off and get the redone through TCS or something. But then again they would just redo the valving and everything, i'm not really sure what they really have to offer for that awesome shock anyways. I can find out for you if you really want to know. I've got some TCS on my Cannibal and love it.