Cannondale Mutt Motor Guess the breeds and WIN!

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
jwheat

#11 Post by jwheat »

The starter mounting tabs are different.

Looks like that is a Winky rebuilt crank.

Sandstorm

#12 Post by Sandstorm »

I don't know much, but maybe that oil filter has some life left in it!! LOL

My gaaaaaaaaaawd,, what a mess..

cannondale27

#13 Post by cannondale27 »

QUOTE (kdeal @ Apr 28 2007, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OK, the picture of the cam cap was wierd, I see the loose bolt now. I guess the pile of pooh is the decomp?? Is that what you are trying to communicate in the cam cover pic? Looks like the inner snap ring is missing on the oil bridge to hold the timing chain guide on. No drain plug in the water outlet.....The oil filter threw me because of the ton of crap on it and the o-ring in the distance kind of look like a quad ring. Is this a hydro case?

Cam cap take another look.Pile of pooh is related.Yes missing 2 inner snap rings.And third outer is not in the groove.Yup no drain plug.Isnt the filter crazy?Yes its a late model 03 hydro case with reinforcements and radioused corners.

kdeal

#14 Post by kdeal »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Apr 28 2007, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cam cap take another look.Pile of pooh is related.Yes missing 2 inner snap rings.And third outer is not in the groove.Yup no drain plug.Isnt the filter crazy?Yes its a late model 03 hydro case with reinforcements and radioused corners.

My guess is that the cam gear bearing is strewn thru out the motor, but it is really hard to see in the pic. Also, what is the chunk missing out of the cam? It looks machined, but ?

If it is, it will look like the cam cap and cam bearing in this pic.....

cannondale27

#15 Post by cannondale27 »

Kdeal has a calender coming.Looks like crank pin is shot.What a shame.Little rust ate away a spot.Would have been perfect otherwise.Rod is iffy in matching spot from rust.Will let Timbo make call on that.Hone marks from honing rod were still visible all the way across.

kdeal

#16 Post by kdeal »

Steve,

Bring the calander to the ride @ Speed2424's and put it in the prize bin. Speed2424 has some goodies and I will be bringing some goodies for prizes as well.

Ken

cannondale27

#17 Post by cannondale27 »

Will do that.Thanks Kdeal.