Good C-dale exposure!

jesshamner

#61 Post by jesshamner »

Is it really possible that the flywheel could be spinning due to breaking in mid air? If this is a theory, why not try using the front brakes. It works the same...if not better. Watch out on the first try. It will suprise you when it dives.

UpsMan

#62 Post by UpsMan »

I never tried that before. Front brakes in mid-air. hmmm. I'm going to give that a whirl this afternoon. I'll report back if I'm still alive.

jesshamner

#63 Post by jesshamner »

A friend of mine that races mx told me about it. I never thought about it either. From what he says, its a pretty hard nose dive so use them sparingly. LOL. I'm not even sure that it works that great or if he uses it himself. He's only been racing for about 2 years now but he's learning quick and really putting down some good lap times. He's obviously doing something right.

A friend of mine that races mx told me about it. I never thought about it either. From what he says, its a pretty hard nose dive so use them sparingly. LOL. I'm not even sure that it works that great or if he uses it himself. He's only been racing for about 2 years now but he's learning quick and really putting down some good lap times. He's obviously doing something right.

Psychosis

#64 Post by Psychosis »

Just do what I mentioned and what you all are saying now. When I race I use the rears probably less than 25% of the time. Why? B/c I learned that for me it allowed better control and cornering the way I ride. Some MUST use the rears more than front b/c of how they ride.

My guess though is that is the problem w/spinning flywheels. Not scientific but it sure makes sense, atleast to me. And I believe someone brought it up on here not too long ago.

peterock

#65 Post by peterock »

I don't know if I buy the rear brake sugestion. If you are tapping your rear brake in the air, you should be pulling the clutch in. Not going to change the RPM's of the motor and subject the flywheel to sudden change in force

?????? I could be missing something though too.

UpsMan

#66 Post by UpsMan »

I think the problem is more when you land and your wheels are stopped, or going at idle speed, and then in a fraction of a second your wheels and entire drive train is going 25 mph or so. You only tap the brakes in the air with the clutch in anyway, if you don't pull the clutch, you kill the motor, that sucks when you hit the ground. I think if you are on the gas when you land, it should be fine, no sudden drastic rpm changes.

UpsMan

#67 Post by UpsMan »

Well I tried the front brake technique, and it works, but not as good as the rear brake technique. However, I only tried it a few times, and the jump didn't really give me enough hang time to really test it out. Maybe with more practice I could get it to work better. I lived through the test, so I am pleased with the results.

jesshamner

#68 Post by jesshamner »

Sweet...glad it worked. It still won't solve the flywheel problem. I forgot about the clutching part. Leave it to an XC guy (with hardly any mechanical skills) to give MX advice. LOL.

USAMoto00

#69 Post by USAMoto00 »

Thank you Derno and Crazie for seeing where I'm coming from. I didn't want to jump all over that guy because I thought that maybe I was taking it personal but you all seen his comment as I did. I love the C-dale without a question but, what is going on here is the big picture for Michelle. We have won many a local Championships on the Dales and are proud of that! But to be very honest, as Derno said, there is NO support on the Dale. Now I have a ton of extra parts and I know how to build a motor, my problem is something that I can't fix or predict when it is going to go. The flywheel has been this problem for us and I have a box to prove it. Michelle doesn't brake in the air or stall the machine out to cause this problem, they actually always go as she's coming out of a turn. So this leads me to the BIG picture, I would love to have her be winning on the Dale, but until the flywheel problem is fixed....I can't trust it. If we were running a local series, no problem, we would deal with it. The WPSA's that are a National event and television exposure and a chance at a possible career for Michelle and a chance at a dream? I will go with the for sure points machine for now. I am not saying that we are bailing, just looking for a solution to keep winning which is what is important to her right now. We have had really good offers for her already and yet no ATK or Frank White. So I have to be honest with myself and go where I DO have help because me personally, I am not rich and this money is rapidly running out. I am willing to try what I need to to fix the Dale, but if it doesn't happen, I don't have any other options....

ozarkdaler

#70 Post by ozarkdaler »

good luck with your decision. I wish you the best.