Spring Group Ride @ Speed 2424's May 25 - 27

quadracer500

#81 Post by quadracer500 »

QUOTE (dunnbandit1 @ May 29 2007, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i had a great time there
thanks everyone for helping me get mine running right

good to meet you and thanks for the use of your coil to test with, hopefully i will get to ride with you again .i am sure
that breanna will be ready for some more drag racing.

patmc81

#82 Post by patmc81 »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ May 27 2007, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yup cmon tell all of us who couldnt make it all about it.Rub it in!

yes do tell I would love to know who could have come and didn't show

kdeal

#83 Post by kdeal »

Rich & Jason: You guys are very welcome and as always it was a blast to meet up with you and you families.

Pat: You missed a good time, and if you want to know who wasn't there.......well you should of been there brother!!!LOL

Kevin, Traci & family: Thanks for the great ride and the good eats. I still don't know if there was $100 worth of stuff in the Port-a-john, but the awesome food gave us a fighting chance!!!

To everyone who should of come and didn't: I will reserve my personal opinion for off-forum, but if Wanablaze could drive 7 hours from IL in a rental to come, Dunnbandit drove from Maryland, MX Quad Dad & his kid drove down from MI & CannibalJim could show up with a foot full of fresh stitches from surgery a week earlier just to be there, then I think a few more could have showed up but........

Final word: It was great time had by all and great to meet good people.

patmc81

#84 Post by patmc81 »

well I am sorry I missed it but I was out of state friday and sat till about 500pm called to see if things were still going on sunday but I got no responce and monday I was out of town! kevin puts on a good show and I am sure everyone had fun track was great the last time I wss there. Ken call somtime sorry I didnt get to see you

hogman

#85 Post by hogman »

I totally would have been there. but a race at bill ballances was just unmissable!

cannondale27

#86 Post by cannondale27 »

Kdeal next time I will put you on phone with my wife tongue.gif

kdeal

#87 Post by kdeal »

Steve: No one gets between a man and his wife.....

Hogman: I can't blame you.

Pat: You are right, and I knew there was a slim chance that you were going to be there due to previous discussions with Kevin beforehand.

The real issue is we try and get at least two of these types of rides going a year where everyone can get together. We usually hype these several months in advance so to give the time needed to make plans. What is sad is that there was members at the Group Ride waiting to see other members with the impression that they would be there. Fortunately we were able to get most problems or questions answered while we were there (a first for me, but not other more experienced members).

I love this group of people and it doesn't matter whether you show up to any Group Rides to me. What matters is that we continue to support each other and not lose what we have as one right now. As most of you know I myself don't ride too much at these rides due to various reasons. I do not show up to these events to just ride and leave. If I did I wouldn't travel 2,500 miles round trip to show up! I go to these rides to meet up with some of the best guys/gals from the two main Cannondale sites and help with anything I can. I would still meet up with some of the former members just because they are good people (not because they still have a Cannondale).

With this all said, I want everyone to start planning now for the Group Ride at Majestic Trails the end of September! We will nail down a date within the next week. It will be either the weekend of the 22nd or the 29th. There will be more juicy details to come as the event gets closer. I will say that it should be the best event ever for us since the Factory closed!

SEE YA THERE!!!!!

NRath

#88 Post by NRath »

Once again, well said, KDeal!!

The group rides are a great time and I look forward to attending in the future. I missed this one, but have made several in the past. I'm going to go ahead and put the next one in the books. Maybe if I start now, I can make it stick! However, it really needs to fall on the 29th- the 23rd is my daughter's B-day. I'm planning on the whole family coming this time, but I don't think Momma would take too kindly to a B-day party in the woods!

So, how'd the racing go?!!! Who was ruling the roost?

kdeal

#89 Post by kdeal »

The 29th is looking like the date. I am just waiting for confirmation from someone and we are all set!

wright

#90 Post by wright »

i also want to add that i had a good time as alaways at Kevins, and good to see Ken and his brother agian and everyone else that came out, see everyone next time.