Dale Died

aroracer72

#1 Post by aroracer72 »

Went out for my first practice since the rebuild....and the quad died 3/4 of a lap around....lol.

Its electrical not mechanical....because now when you turn the key on it doesnt come on.....no status lights come on..no nothing...its deaed.

I hooked up my spare ECU.....wasnt the problem.....put jump[er cables and tried charging the battery and no luck....checked all visible wire connectors and battery terminals...nothing.

What the flip is wrong????
Chad

speed 450mx

#2 Post by speed 450mx »

what did it do when you hooked up the jumper cables to it

yamadjs08

#3 Post by yamadjs08 »

Did you check the fuse?

Happyboy

#4 Post by Happyboy »

fuse

GDITheman

#5 Post by GDITheman »

I had mine do the same thing at the track this spring and even at the trails last weekend. My super smart charger must be chewing up batteries. I put it on my sons quad today (carb problems) and it ate his batt in a couple minutes. That charger went in the trash today and cost me 3 batteries this spring. Try a new batt and see what happens. Now I only use a 1/2 amp charger. The smart charger must on 2 amps was eating the batts. I don't know if it was really 2 amps or not, but I don't think 2 amps should have fried batteries.

aroracer72

#6 Post by aroracer72 »

Thanks for the input

Now the fuse your referring to is the ECU fuse???....ive heard of this before and it makes sense.

Its not the battery cause i tested it with a battery tester and it passed.......that and when i connected the jumper cables NOTHING happened.......soo something else is cutting off the power....sounds like a fuse...cause i cant find one single electrical problem.....except now im gonna check the fuse and report back if that was the problem.

Thanks guys

yamadjs08

#7 Post by yamadjs08 »

The fuse we are referring to is the fuse for the whole thing. It is on the left (sitting on quad) front. Should be right under the left front fender, above the radiator scoop, next to the D&M connector... Its just a basic 20amp fuse...

Psychosis

#8 Post by Psychosis »

Both of mine had different fuses from new. One 15amp and one 25amp. I've been using 25's though since I've owned them. Only ever had one problem blowing them and it was b/c of a bad voltage regulator.

aroracer72

#9 Post by aroracer72 »

There was a 30amp fuse in it!!!.....should i replace it with a lower amp fuse.....or should i use another 30...because this was haydugs quad and musta been put in there for a reason.

And i didnt say it...but the fuse was bad...soo thats gotta be the problem.
Chad

GDITheman

#10 Post by GDITheman »

What caused the fuse to blow?