blowing fuse at start up

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
Happyboy

#21 Post by Happyboy »

Like I said before, start unplugging things and hit the start button. I would stop playing around with it before you short out the harness for good.

ciscorc

#22 Post by ciscorc »

i just wanted to let everyone know that was assisting me that the problem seems to be solved.After checking various components and countless hours with the multimeter i decided to swap out the harness. Since the harness i had was a rev 5 i figured i might as well update to the rev 8. I picked up a used rev 8 harness from Haydug and started the process of removing the old harness. I noticed a couple of jumper wires that didn't appear to be factory connections. One of them was jumping a wire from the fuel pump to another wire and the other was on the TPS. I don't know if there is any correlation between this and the problems i was having or maybe i am way off base thinking the connections were not right. Regardless the old harness was different than the rev 8 one i purchased. After getting it all back together i was thrilled to have it start right up with no problem and i have atarted it and ran it for a day without an issue. I just wanted to thank everyone that gave suggestions and potentially help someone in the future that may have a similar problem.
thanx

cannondale27

#23 Post by cannondale27 »

Awesome!