Which Exhaust System would be the best?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
UpsMan

#21 Post by UpsMan »

Yes, Jenni is running a Leo Vince slip-on. It usually tests out at 95-96 dbs and she has two smaller end-caps to use if she needs to be quieter. It has lasted a few months now with no problems. I don't know how good it flows, but her quad is at Mike's right now and it is getting dynoed before and after her engine work, so we will see how it goes. I don't think you ever need to re-pack it either, although I could be wrong on that.

thedeatons

#22 Post by thedeatons »

Duals are not an option for us Ohlins users.... You should be able to get any nice can from a sportbike, as in Yosh or Muzzy, and as long as you can get it to mate up, then it should work out okay.... Even a Fast by Ferracci can for Ducatis would be nice...

440efismokinu

#23 Post by 440efismokinu »

I've had my hmf since 03 with no problems of course i just ride in glamis not to much hard pack or race tracks if that matters. Kind of a side track the whole deible law is a bunch of crap. just another ploy to make money off of people having fun. Don't know about the dunes anywhere else but glamis is miles away from anybody or anything. Whats the point.

cannondale27

#24 Post by cannondale27 »

I agree.If your having fun your pissing someone off.My TiPipe freshly packed but no endcap got 108db.That stand as record in thier log book up till a few weeks ago laugh.gif Glad they let me go with a warning.

peterock

#25 Post by peterock »

I would be the first to agree that the sound law is a load of crap. But it is here regardless. Trust, me. When wisconsin was introducing their revised law a couple years back I was on the phone about 2 times a week with local government officials to make sure they understood the entire community and what they should look at. Long story short, a lot of it was dropped as they wanted something to go through and didn't want too many exclusions.

As for the comment on the bike exhausts, I know Leo Vince is a well known street bike exhaust but they are actually making a full line of exhausts for ATV's now. Of course ours isn't on that list, but they are right in our neighberhood so maybe we could convince them.

UpsMan

#26 Post by UpsMan »

Uh, Pete, Leo Vince is made in Italy.

peterock

#27 Post by peterock »

Must have worded something wrong. I was basically referring to them sponsoring the D23 series and the rep that lives in Minnesota. I thought I read some place as well that the rep goes to some of the races as well.

wistech

#28 Post by wistech »

QUOTE (thedeatons @ Aug 15 2007, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FMF has a quiet core, and Oregon Dunes rangers claim that puts them below the limit, they sound terrible however so I refuse.... If you see a ranger coming, well, you know what to do... smile.gif

Do you think they sound terrible? I really like the sound the sound of my FMF quiet cores. And even though we lost a little bottom end torque one dyno engine Ive believe it was a 460 had the highest top end hp number with the quiet core in it. Unfortunatly the FMF was one or 2 decibals above the legal limit for WI. Even running the left side duals with dual quiet cores FMF's was still to loud for the DNR but the cans needed repacking.

Deaton you have a important PM.

UpsMan

#29 Post by UpsMan »

QUOTE (peterock @ Aug 18 2007, 08:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Must have worded something wrong. I was basically referring to them sponsoring the D23 series and the rep that lives in Minnesota. I thought I read some place as well that the rep goes to some of the races as well.

Right. They do sponsor the D-23 series and offer substantial discounts to racers in that series. It is crazy how many of the racers are running that brand over there. The rep does in fact race and he is pretty fast. His wife also races. I should put some effort into finding someone nearby that can fab me up an adapter to put the Leo Vince on my quad. It would be interesting to see how it would work and hold up.

twisted_chassis

#30 Post by twisted_chassis »

the other makes and models of atvs and bikes don't burn up quiet cores that fast because the headpipe and midpipe are alot longer than ours. theirs wrap around the engine so the exhaust has more time and distance to cool before hitting the muffler. would you think this is the reason? if so then making the headpipe as long as possable or put more bends in it along with moving the quiet core as far back in the pipe as possable. i relize we can't get much more length on the header or move the core much farhter than it is. i would be a big job working this out